I need help-guest can't book the non free cancelation option. What do I do?

Sean1066
Level 2
Birmingham, AL

I need help-guest can't book the non free cancelation option. What do I do?

Hello, can anybody tell me how to help this potential guest book my place?  I received a message stating "I am not interested in the free cancelation version but every time I try to place the booking, it automatically changes to the free cancelation and adds over $50. what am I doing wrong?"

I have no idea how to help her, can anybody help us please?

4 Replies 4
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Sean1066 I just tried booking your place for the earliest  available dates (mid-February)  and I didn't have any issues selecting the non-refundable option. Are they trying to book for tonight or something? That could be an issue. 

If the guest is having issues with booking, I would refer them back to Airbnb customer service. If there is a problem with the site or their account, there is nothing you can do about it and you're just going to waste time and get frustrated. You pay Airbnb to handle the bookings: let them assist the guest. 

@Alexandra316 

thank you for your reply and advice- I may have figured out what the issue is but please correct me if I am wrong..

My normal price is $150/night but my cancellation policy allows for guests to pay 10% less for the non-refundable option.....the request I received from her is 3 nights at $150 meaning she chose the refundable, more expensive option in the original request- seems like this request overrides her booking for the non-refundable option- should I withdraw the pre-approval/her request and have her start over?

I hope I have explained this well

@Sean1066 Yes, if you've already sent a pre-approval, cancel it and ask her to request again with the settings she wants to use. Maybe try it on a different device as well, just so there are no ghosts stuck in the machine. 

Hopefully that works!

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Sean1066 yes, I would withdraw the pre-approval and see what happens. You would probably need to ask the potential guest to wait a little while before trying a second booking request. I believe there are measures in place in the software to prevent double bookings, which is a good thing.