Ideas on how we as hosts can be an ally by promoting inclusion in our properties and community?

Karen1100
Level 3
Nelson, Canada

Ideas on how we as hosts can be an ally by promoting inclusion in our properties and community?

I would love for Airbnb to provide more in the area of inclusion and diversity. Some simple ideas include branded door/window stickers, badges, and an area on our listing that shows we provide safe space and inclusive communities as hosts. 

Curious, if and what you have done that has been a positive action offering inclusivity for your guests.

23 Replies 23
Sarah6065
Level 1
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom

I agree with what your saying, you explained in a way I wanted to express.  We welcome all decent human beings as well

I don't want to put labels and signs up either.  I'd feel bad if I missed of any individual accidently.

All welcome,  be kind, respect other guests and neighbours 

There is a way to donate lodging to abortion patients traveling long distances if you have some vacancy. Check out withGloria.org . This is a great way to have a personal impact!

Hyperlink removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is an international community. In most countries in Europe abortion is available locally and fortunately there is no need for women to add to an already stressful situation by having to travel long distances.  @Toshiko8 

It is indeed a sorry state of affairs that this isn't the case in the US.

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

@Sarah6065

Oh, Saltburn-by-the-Sea, that's another place we need to go back to 😀 (We've been doing a massive “beach tour” in recent months, to avoid the mud! 😂 )

I love this, I will add something similar to mine as well.  

As a host, I've implemented inclusive practices such as offering gender-neutral amenities, displaying welcome messages in multiple languages, and providing information on local LGBTQ+ resources to ensure all guests feel welcome and respected.

Patricia55
Level 10
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

But @Marketting0, you have zero information on your profile... are you sure you're a host?!

I was going to ask which gender-neutral amenities you have, and how they may impact on female guests, but it's probably not worth it.

@Karen1100 @Ann72 

I love this idea of providing information on local resources. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am not a great one for stickers and badges at my property. @Karen1100 

However I wonder if there could be some sort of icon on a listing which would indicate that a host has signed up to being inclusive and what this means (although all hosts are meant to do this as part of Airbnb's T&Cs for being a host).

I have had guests from all over the world regularly stay with me and quite a few mention that it's the positive reviews from their fellow country men and women that led them to booking with me, or from those from the LGBTQ plus communities.