If issue with cleaning, does Airbnb have to give us opportunity to remedy issue?

Eibhlin3
Level 1
New York, United States

If issue with cleaning, does Airbnb have to give us opportunity to remedy issue?

So a guest claims there's an issue with cleaning. They don't contact the host, they contact Airbnb support, who cancels the reservation and issues guest with full refund and hits you with cancellation penalty. You could have sent a cleaning lady over within the hour to take care of any issue.

Does this go against their own terms?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Eibhlin3 Yes I think it does. Although if no cleaning had been carried  out or it is really dirty then the host has also broken the Ts and Cs with respect to the enhanced cleaning protocols.

The apartment was clean, was just guests claims as obviously was looking to cancel, even a month before asked to cancel reservation and get fully refunded, which i declined. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Eibhlin3 

The host should be informed and then has 1 hour to reply on the issue:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2993/what-to-do-if-the-place-youre-staying-in-isnt-clean-at-chec...

Eibhlin3
Level 1
New York, United States

I the host was never informed of any issue with cleaning. The guest who requested to cancel a month before but was denied as strict policy, claimed there was a stain on the couch and bathroom dirty got a full refund. And i got hit with a cancellation penalty even though i never cancelled. 

Apartment was clean.