If you apply a Superhost bonus to a stay and then cancel, you will lose your bonus

Beth276
Level 2
Munich, Germany

If you apply a Superhost bonus to a stay and then cancel, you will lose your bonus

Just want to make sure that fellow hosts know they will lose their Superhost bonus if they use it on a stay and then cancel.

I didn't know. I reserved a weekend stay to meet my husband in the city where he was working, but when his contract was unexpectedly terminated, I had to cancel the trip. Poof! There went my $100.

A friend recently lost $100 in service fees when she canceled a stay that's four months in the future.

I won't stay at an Airbnb again unless it's at the last minute and I'm absolutely sure I'll be there. This is nuts.

2 Replies 2
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Yes, it amuses me that Airbnb won’t give up their fees for anything, but they will call me to guilt-trip me into “doing the right thing” by refunding a guest who changed their minds under my Strict cancellation policy!  And if I say “no” they go ahead and cancel my payout and provide a full refund anyway.

Monica437
Level 2
Nuriootpa, Australia

AAAGHH.. 

LOST all my bookings with NO compenstaon for cancelled bookings or lost income for future bookings... because my cancellation policy is flexible.

LOST my superhost bonus because I had to cancel my once in a lifetime trip due to COVID19 virus. AUD$233 that I CANNOT use toward another trip. All this OUT OF MY CONTROL.
Losing on all fronts - very depressing for all the effort, and now losses...