Impossible to submit a complaint on Customer Support

Linda1161
Level 3
Toronto, Canada

Impossible to submit a complaint on Customer Support

MY COMPLAINT ON PAOLO C. – please direct my File to Executive Offices or VP of Host Experience

Paolo is an absolutely horrible, deceitful, spiteful, crooked, manipulative person who has atrociously misrepresented Airbnb and your Host Insurance Policy. I have been mislead, slandered and maliciously misrepresented plus he has discriminated me. I have never in my 65 years of life have I every been so victimized relentlessly and placed in a situation where my health and welfare has been compromised by Paolo. I pleaded with him on several occasions and he dismissed my please. He refused to honour my claim, rejected replacement of my horribly damaged floor, my lock and door handle were smashed, he disallowed installation of my security camera where I have video footage of the Guest damaging my camera. I do not know how to program a security camera so he allowed the camera and no installation. He reduced the cost of the other items I had to replace. His ignorance and arrogance is a horrible reflection of Airbnb. I am so disgusted and am at this time working on next steps to report my claim or seek other measures through my Counsel. The Guest stayed in my property 6 days without payment and refused to leave on April 1st.. by April 6th I pleased with Safety Team.  I was forced to cancel his reservation to April 30th because the Police needed it and then Airbnb refused to pay me my Host price guarantee because of the cancellation.  I then lost my Super Host and  7 various Airbnb Representatives dropped the ball on my claim and I spent hours on the phone trying to find out what has happened.  The vindictive Guest damaged my apartment in the interim. I am shocked at the mistreatment of Airbnb Representatives leaving me stranded to deal with this during the hot time of the Coronavirus.  It is now 2 months and 12 days.   In the interim while I waited to have my damage repaired no one at Airbnb helped me so I lost all this income waiting because I wasn't allowing my apartment to be rented until finally 2 weeks ago I couldn't get an answer so I had to make a decision so I reduced my price and at least am making something now.  This is putting me in financial hardships.  The Airbnb safety team refused to help even though this Guest had no right to stay in my apartment. I had to call the Police 2 times and it resulted in 4 Policeman and 4 Police Cruisers in front of my building. Airbnb compromised my safety and the safety of my other Tenants in my building. I have video footage of illegal behavior by these guest with reason to believe drug trading and prostitution. My video footage confirms all of it before this Guest broke my security camera. My Floors remain damaged and Paolo continuously rejected my request for my file to be reviewed by Executive Offices. There is a definite breakdown for Hosts with Airbnb. Airbnb simply doesn't care when a horrible person on Airbnb customer Support like this Paolo does everything to abuse his power and purposely HURT INNOCENT HOSTS -- ME. I am feeling very victimized. I can't afford to repair the horrible damage to my floors. I have been ripped off by Paolo and Airbnb for a claim that should have been paid out properly. Please review all of my emails of frustration with no where to turn. Paolo seems to think I live in a Communist Country where I have absolutely NO RIGHTS whatsoever and he can make his decision and I have no recourse to fight it. I desperately need my file to be opened and review. Paolo needs to be investigated and this can easily been seen by his deliberate requests during an unprecedented HEALTH RISK - COVID-19 demanding a 65 year old to go out and get things that were impossible to obtain when all of the Stores were shut down and when they opened, the safety circumstances were compromised and extremely difficult. He demanded me to pay the replacements in full and provide receipts when financially that would be a huge hardship for me. I did my research and as far as I understand I had to produce invoices which I did but he refused to accept them. He didn't respond in a business fashion time wise. He left 7 days responding to my communication. I had no idea what was going on and then he DROPS THE BOMB on me and refused 85% of my claim. What a horrible person Airbnb needs to reprimand his behavior and escalate my claim. My Counsel already advised that Small Claims Court is an option and so is the Media.
I am the CEO Founder of the Condo Owners Association of Ontario representing 1.7 Million Condo Owners www.COAontario.com and this experience only tells me that there is a massive problem with this Paolo and your Insurance Policy and something needs to be done about it. I created COA 10 years ago as a non profit and I am so upset and disgusted by the treatment I had with Paolo I have told him this is NOT OVER I am going to move forward to receive fair and just treatment. I appreciate this link for the survey, I was giving it 1 week to receive some form of communication and then I am going to take next steps. I will not allow this Paolo to rip me off of 85% of my damage claim by his relentless irresponsible discriminatory behaviour to me over the 2 plus months of having to deal with him and other Airbnb representatives. My property was damaged by a sinister Guest. Airbnb has all of the details on my email feeds... yes I am furious and Airbnb should understand that this is no way to treat a good Host like myself who works very hard to be a Host and offers many of my properties on their system. I appreciate a response from your Department immediately please. I need to have my file directed to VP of Customer Host Care. I already spoke to Robert Chesnut, the former CEO of Airbnb Ethics who has sadly stepped down and his replacement is to follow soon. Rest Assure I will not let this drop. I expect to have my claim professionally represented with fair treatment.   I can easily post videos of the camera being damaged, suspected prostitution meeting strange men and in and out activity into a rear laneway every 10 to 15 minutes throughout the night from 9pm to 8am with packages.

This is the horrible experience Airbnb Representatives left me stranded to deal with this in my apartment where I have children and families living in other apartments in the building -- SHAME!!  a 9 month old and 4 year old... horrible representation and this Paolo couldn't care less.  He is an EVIL person and has no business being part of a Customer Support Claims Team.   

Yours truly Linda Pinizzotto

Linda PInizzotto
1 Reply 1
Laurie533
Level 2
Hightstown, NJ

DONT EVER EVER GO THROUGH THE BELOW HOST THIS HOST !!!!!!   HE IS A NIGHTMARE !!!

EVEN AFTER HAVING THE WORST  EXPERIENCE  HE REFUSES TO REIMBURSE !!!!! 

NEVER ANSWERS YOU BACK BUT HE SURE WAS QUICK TO TAKE YOUR MONEY !!! AND WHATS IS EVEN WORSE IS TEH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ESCALATION TEAM THEY ARE ALL WHO ANSWERED THE CALLS AND PUT ME THROUGHT HOLDING PERIODS AND THAN HANGING UP AND THAN CALLING MULTIPLE TIMES TO GET THIS RESOLVED THEY CAME BACK FROM 500 THAT THE HOST GORDON KEPT  ANDN INCLUDING THE CREDIT HE GOT BACK THEY GAVE ME 142 FOR THE INCONVENIENCE !!! HOW DISGUSTING IS THAT !!! I HAVE REACHED OUT BY EMAIL TO BOT BRIAN THE CEO BY EMAIKL WHO I AM SURE WILL RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.

37 reviews
Identity verified

**Guest information removed**