In Canada is there a list someone can share or link of current expenses to claim at tax time 2019?

Penny230
Level 2
Mayne Island, CA

In Canada is there a list someone can share or link of current expenses to claim at tax time 2019?

This is my first tax year with Airbnb in Canada.   I am seeking a list of current expenses to claim for CRA tax form in 2019.  I see several posts that show various items but I haven't found anything complete.  I'd appreciate feedback or a link.

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would imagine the best place to look would be on your government tax office website @Penny230 

Katherine240
Level 2
Kingston, Canada

@Penny230  did you get an answer to this? I have been looking for a list, as well as what % we can claim. What I mean is some things (in our case, since the airbnb is a basement unit in our house) we can only claim a % of, like utilities, insurance, etc. But some things we must be able to claim 100% of, things like bedding and linens for the sole use of the airbnb unit. But I haven't found any concrete answers. Our accountant in the past used the % for all expenses, but it seems like if I buy a set of sheets that will only ever be used for the airbnb bed, I should be able to write off the full cost. Does that make sense?