Inquiry question

Answered!
Harmony26
Level 2
Warsaw, MO

Inquiry question

I received an inquiry from a lady that asked if I allowed Pets when it clearly says that I do not in my listing. So now I have to either approve her request or decline it. I can’t approve it because I don’t accept pets but if I decline it then that looks bad on me. What am I supposed to do about the approve or decline? 

1 Best Answer
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Harmony26 @Karin1927 

You do not need to pre-approve or decline an inquiry. You can simply type your answer: "No, sorry I am unable to accept pets" and that counts as your 'response' which will satisfy the algorithm. A Request to Book is a different story.

4 Replies 4

Good question… what’s the answer?

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Harmony26 @Karin1927 

You do not need to pre-approve or decline an inquiry. You can simply type your answer: "No, sorry I am unable to accept pets" and that counts as your 'response' which will satisfy the algorithm. A Request to Book is a different story.

Thank you, that's very helpful. I have two inquiries asking to bring dogs when our listing clearly states "no pets allowed".  

Harmony26
Level 2
Warsaw, MO

Okay thank you I never knew that and Airbnb should have never put those options on an inquiry message cause that’s just confusing and unnecessary.