Introduce yourself

Ian192
Level 2
Troisdorf, Germany

Introduce yourself

Hi everyone

I’m a British runaway living in Germany. (Be fair, someone has to live there)!

Throughout my career, I’ve been in the Dance industry and currently still run a large dance center. In the 90s I was often invited to Germany to teach.

I was impressed by the food, the coffee, and the women. Then a German lady decided to marry me, so I stayed.

Later when the rent contract on my school was due to expire, we ended up building a massive house which has been described as a cross between Buckingham Palace and a council house.

In 2015 we started renting private rooms and apartments in the house both directly and via Airbnb. In total, we have 10 private rooms and 2 apartments.

I guess we must have done something right as we have a 95% occupancy. My wife likes to delegate, so decided everything Airbnb & rental was my task.

Sometime back, I received a message from Airbnb telling me that I’d burnt the toast.

After I put my glasses on, it actually said that I was a Super Host.

I’m still waiting for the costume to arrive, after all,  I do look a bit stupid at my age in a Superman costume.

Just popping off to smack one of our guests on the head, then I’ll be back with my question.

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ian192 I look forward to your question. 

@Mike-And-Jane0 Just posted it. There maybe an obvious answer, but I haven't found it.

Have a great day

Ian

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Ian192 

I loved reading your post this morning🤣 thank you for making me LOL

Congratulations on being awarded Super Host🕺

All the best

Joëlle

Hi Joelle

Can I ask you a personal question?

On your profile it says "level 10", on mine it has "level 2"

What do the levels mean?

Does it mean that those with the higher numbers are posher, better looking and more intelligent than me with 2, or does it refer to something else?

Hello again @Ian192 

🤣nothing like that no!!  It is a just an indication of the hosts that contribute a lot to the CC with a starting range of 1 to the  max of 10.  For example, I've answered 909 questions since I've been on the CC (2 years now I suppose) 

You'll be surprised at how quickly that figures go up.  There used to a section where you could see the "top contributors" but they've done away with that now.

Something else that is missing, is the need to put the @ infront the name of the person you want to contact so that they are notified.  A drop down menu comes up when you tap in the @

Look forward to another laugh😉

Joëlle

Hi @Joelle

Thanks for explaining that. I thought maybe the grades had something to do with the properties.

But OMG 909 answers! Your fingers must be red hot from all that typing.

I doubt that I’ll reach your level as I try to continually reduce my screen time.

As you mentioned you were looking forward to another little giggle, I’m enclosing the message guests get telling them how to reach us if coming by train.

It’s purposely disruptive to make the guests smile before they arrive.

I’ve discovered by getting guests to smile, laugh, and be generally happy, the reviews go up and they may not notice a scratch in the woodwork or other trivial bits.

………

Finding your way to us

Simply make your way to the large building that looks like a cross between Buckingham Palace and a council house.

Enter via the Ground floor, which is the Euro Dance Center taking care not to knock over the dancers!

If you see a dashing, hunky, sexy, and attractive man, that's definitely not me!

I'm the little old guy near reception or hidden in the corner drinking coffee.

We are about 10 minutes’ walk from Troisdorf station.

If you have short little legs, it may take you a bit longer.

We have a large garage, but that's not a lot of use to you if you’re coming by train is it?

However, it has great acoustics if you want to get in some trumpet practice!

If you need any help or assistance, do contact me.

I probably won’t be of much use or help, but I do have the knack of locating a responsible human being who probably can.

I will happily present you with your keys, providing I didn’t leave them in the top pocket of my shirt, which is currently in the washing machine!

Have a safe journey and welcome to the madhouse.

Ian

The Boss (except when my wife is around)!

@Ian192 

Priceless🤣 and I love the last bit concerning the Mrs - it's as it should be😂

Enjoy your evening

Joëlle