Introduction As New Host

Introduction As New Host

Hello everyone! I'm Sule from Lagos, Nigeria. I'm excited to join the Airbnb community as a new host. I love meeting new people and exploring different cultures. I'm looking forward to hosting travelers from around the world and learning about their experiences.

Any tips or advice for a new host like me would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply 1
Hazel184
Level 7
Malolos, Philippines

Hello @Sule59 

Congratulations on your new listings and welcome to the exciting world of hosting.

The Airbnb platform almost has everything that need in terms of setting up your listing. Any other things that you cannot automate should be disclosed in your House Rules or Listing Description. The more you describe your listing, the more a potential guest will know what to expect. This would likely minimize, if not totally remove possible disputes or issues. 

As a Host like you, I personally believe that the check-in process sets the tone of their experience. Always make sure the listing is ready before the official check-in time. Closely monitor your messages an hour (or two) before and after your check-in time to make sure there is no concern. It is also very useful to create scheduled message which the system will automatically send for you. You may create for different events like check-in and check-out instructions and anything in between. There is useful help article about it here  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2897.

All the best.