Introduction

Akaash4
Level 2
Bhimtal, India

Introduction

Hi my name is Akaash, professionally i am a financial consultant, privately I am a budding astronomer and certified handwriting analysist. I am new to the world of hosting, and I love understanding what makes customers tick. I am currently based out of India and my passions are Trekking, Kayaking, Calligraphy, Stocks and Music.

3 Replies 3
Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Akaash4 😊

Welcome to the community, and thank you for introducing yourself here!

How has your experience been so far? Have you received any bookings?

I am curious, did you understand what makes customers tick? 👀

I’ve mentioned some hosts from your area in case you would like to connect and exchange tips: @Dr-Jayanthi1 , @Ankit138 , @Azeez14 , @Bhavya7 , @Daksh12 and @Debasis-Paresh-Ranjan0 .

Warm regards 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Dear Elisa,

My experience has been quite good actually. I managed to get 4 families booked so far, however, I would like to increase my conversion ratio of views to booking further.

I believe that 'Presentation' plays (site pictures, description of the amenities and its proximity to nearby areas of interest) an important role in converting customers, along-with providing unique add on. In my case I have paired a session of astronomy, where I get to observe  a few celestial objects such as Jupiter with its 4 moons, Saturn with its rings & the Moon's impact craters through my in-house telescope. This definitely gives them a memory to cherish and remember, as also helps in targeting families having kids, who might be more into this stuff. Also having my listing competitively priced (using dynamic pricing, still fiddling around with it) definitely helps.

Best Regards

Hi @Akaash4 😊,

It’s wonderful to hear that your experience has been positive, and congratulations on getting four families booked so far!

I love the astronomy session! 😍 How did you come up with the idea?

I want to share a quick tip with you 👉 It’s important to tag members in your comments so they get a notification about your message.

Just press the @ key on your keyboard, and the name of the person you’re trying to reach should pop up.

This way, they’ll be notified that you left a comment in response!

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center