Is this a scam

Answered!

Is this a scam

hi, 

Me and my friend are looking to rent a place in London. Found an amazing place for a good price. We have speaking threw email, w'app and on the phone.

He told us about how there is a Airbnb offer for a simple verification process for landlords and new tenants.

After Airbnb will inspect his documents and accepted the contract, they will communicate with us, and we as a future tenant must prove that you have the funds available. Once the verification process has been successfully completed, the keys and lease agreement will be delivered to us. After we will receive the keys and the agreement we will have 72 hours to go to the apartment, inspect it and take a decision. 

Now we received an email from confirmation@airbnb-booking.info where there is payment to make. 

There is just an email with lots of information, it looks very real but it's missing login into airbnb to pay. there is asked to transfer.

Once we have received the SEPA bank transfer we will inform the owner of the property that you have become a certified user of Airbnb and therefore you can visit the property and sign the rental agreement being protected by the Airbnb policies.
The safety of our customers is our priority. 

Please help me as it takes ages to get a respond of airbnb contact. 

1 Best Answer
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Zoe306  Yes, this is 100% a scam.

For a legitimate Airbnb booking, all communication is done through the message center on the app and all payments are made through the app.

Please do not take another step with this scammer.  

I haven’t listed all the red flags that point to the fact that this is a scam because every single step this person has asked you to take is wrong for an Airbnb booking.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Zoe306  Yes, this is 100% a scam.

For a legitimate Airbnb booking, all communication is done through the message center on the app and all payments are made through the app.

Please do not take another step with this scammer.  

I haven’t listed all the red flags that point to the fact that this is a scam because every single step this person has asked you to take is wrong for an Airbnb booking.

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Zoe306  as Ann72 already mentioned, this is 100%  a scam--and a pretty common one at that.  Anytime, a host is requesting that you communicate and send money outside of the Airbnb platform, there's something wrong.  Do not engage with this individual further.  If you found this listing on the Airbnb platform, please report it to AIRBNB immediately.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Zoe306  Airbnb doesn't have agents who give you keys or show you places. You should stop communicating with this scammer.