Issues and errors with customer service

Tf1
Level 1
Crystal River, FL

Issues and errors with customer service

I'm on Eastern time so it's pretty late but wanted to put this out there for comment. How many others have had these problems with Airbnb staff,  post Covid19? We're in year 6 with 3 properties, Superhosts for many years, 20+ years of conventional B&B before 2015.  We're seriously annoyed and considering alternate venues.

Issue 1)  A "Guest from hell" books our farm stay, and the adjoining property, for 2 adults. They have a large group with them booked next door. They are disappointed in the other property so move everyone over to our large lodging. We have cameras to watch the farm, i watch about 8 people load their cars the checkout morning. Since I ask "What's up", I get a racist rant and more, AIrbnb calls, does remove the rant, then a month later strips the two nights income from my account without permission. I protested 45 days ago, we're yet to get an answer----Nothing!

issue 2) Again, our farm stay, and we also have many attributes including pool access. Due to the big issue with chlorine supplies, and lots of rain, we can't balance the pool. "Do the right thing" dictates informing the guests BEFORE they arrive so we do. They don't answer, no show, we get a call from "Customer service"---"Can they cancel?" We agree, no penalty, no issue. I check our on line info and the CSA has recorded it as WE CANCELLED THE GUEST!

We're starting to see some really low performance from the home office and call centers. Anyone? Thanks in advance: Tim

2 Replies 2
Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

@Tf1 

I had exactly the same as you with issue 2) - during covid I had repeat guests who were not eligible for the cancellation policy but were completely honest and unable to come and told me a long time ahead.  I contacted CS on the guest behalf and asked to agree to a refund if they cancel, I wanted them to get their airbnb fees back.  And CS put thru the cancellation saying it was me who requested to cancel.  

As for issue 1) -  I also had a dishonest guest get a full refund from me and then Airbnb also withheld the payout.  So not only did I get paid but I paid airbnb for her stay.   I only identified the issue 5 months after the fact when doing my yearly accounting I saw that the refund went through, AND the payout was not given.  I successfully got the money back by calling mutliple times to client support until I got a competent and sympathetic person to take care of the case.  I also had a history of mutliple threads of this guest making unreasonable and untrue claims which helped when they reviewed the case 5 months later.  Good luck!

Good morning.  Thank you so very much for sharing that. It seems we get nowhere with the "Resolution path". If it's ackward, no answer! Can you please share the number, where you were able to reach an actual person! 

Thanks in advance, all the best in 2021. Lets hope for a rapid control of "Delta": Tim