It's about Superhost relief.

Ranveer1
Level 2
Udaipur, India

It's about Superhost relief.

Hello,
I’m Ranveer Airbnb superhost from India. I’ve been part of Airbnb since 2017.
Till 2017 my family’s only income was from renting our place to local people or students.
I graduated in the year 2017 and left my job to start a Airbnb with my place, my family was a little scared for first but now they see me as a hero now.
For the past 2 years whatever I earned I spent it all over in making my listing extraordinary. If it’s wall paintings, home decor, lamps, bathrooms renovations, new beds, kitchen appliances, or new electric appliances I did everything.
I have 2 homes in different locations, 1 home with 2 listings and other with 4 listings in it.
I also listed my personal room and shifted myself to a common room so I can make few extras. (Listening name: NHI05)
I did face few issues with some guests but Airbnb support team was always there for me.
My family only source of income is Airbnb I have not listed my place on any other OTAs.
I hired 3 housewives from my neighborhood and gave them jobs for housekeeping and laundry, they’re also my responsibility now.
I was really happy when our CEO announced Superhost Relief Fund, I’m in desperate need of that I know talking about profits is not I should do here, but to pay wages and bills I’m in need of funds.
I have hosted more than 300 trips and never let Airbnb down.
Now as I'm not fitting the criteria of having only 2 active listings, will Airbnb help me with the relief funds?

And also how they'll get to know that I'm in urgent need of funds? 

*personal information hidden*

4 Replies 4

@Ranveer1 I'm sorry for your situation, but this grant program is invitation only, and Airbnb is not combing through the forums looking for hosts outside of its eligibility targets to invite. I hope you can find a way to get a return on your investment. At the end of the day Airbnb is just a listing platform, not a business partner. 

I understand your point @Anonymous, thanks for your message.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Ranveer1 ,

Thanks for sharing your questions. I want to highlight by 2 active listings this means 2 addresses rather than say 2 rooms within one property. Here's a more details breakdown of information:

Why are you limiting this to people with no more than 2 properties?

The reality is that we have to make decisions about how to direct each support program we offer. The spirit of this program is about supporting long-tenured hosts who are in danger of losing their primary homes. To do that, we have chosen to invite hosts who have 3 things in common:

• They've been Superhosts for a long time
  • They have significant earnings losses
  • They demonstrate that they are sharing their primary or secondary homes

We know there are a lot of ways hosts approach their businesses, and the number of listings they have isn’t a representation of the care they put into welcoming guests. Choosing to invite hosts with 2 or fewer listings is a way for us to focus the program and make sure the support we provide is meaningful. You can find more information on who’s eligible here. If you have more than two listings at the same address—for example, if you rent out three rooms in your house—you’re still considered eligible.

Invites will continue to go out until mid-May so please bear with us as we continue to invite eligible hosts.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Thank You @Stephanie for the information.