Laundry

Laundry

We are host for a whole house rental. I have a cleaning service that comes in after a guest departs to do the cleaning (I pay a flat rate). She has access to the home with the keypad code. I have a friend who comes in afterward who has keys to everything. She refills supplies (coffee, paper goods, etc) deals with any extra issues I may need her to address like this last time the duvet on one bed needed to be replaced (I pay her an hourly rate).

If I had the friend do laundry (take home; I have plenty to flip the home for the next guest) how much would be reasonable to pay her? Thank you!

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Shelley341 what does your laundry cost today? I would suggest an open conversation with your friend as to what a fair saving on this would be.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Shelley341 I pay a professional laundry service $12.50 per load for towels. Sheets are charged per piece because they require ironing. Is she going to be doing that also? My company also charges transport of $25 per month for pickup and delivery. 

Maybe check what the laundry services in your area charge and base it on that.

@Shelley341 if you've already agreed on an hourly rate with your "friend" for her other services, that same rate could extend to the time it takes to transport and wash the laundry. But if she's using her own appliances, you'd have to add a fee to cover the utilities.

It seems like it would be far more efficient if you just paid your "friend" to do the entire cleaning. A typical home sanitation cycle can be done while the guest linens are in the wash, so it's a huge waste of money to pay two separate services to do the chores.