Login issue and then all bookings cancelled

Mirco-And-Jasmin0
Level 3
Revelstoke, Canada

Login issue and then all bookings cancelled

Hello,

I had the most annoying and disturbing thing happen to me today!

I am a superhost and I could not log-in to my account today.  When I wanted to log in, the website asked me to provide my phone number for a confirmation code. After I received the code and typed it in, the website then continued to create a new account for me, instead of logging me into my existing account. I phoned airbnb support and one team member was able to restore my account after one hour. So now I could log in again, but soon after discovered that all my future bookings were CANCELLED and my guests received a cancellation notification from airbnb. 

I had to contact all of my guests to ensure them, that I did not cancel and to be patient until we resolve the issue. My guest that was supposed to come the next day got scared and booked a different place. Now I am out 4 days of money (I hope I will still get paid by airbnb).

I was advised by a support team member to edit my listing an reactivate it, which I did. Then I was supposed to tell my guests to rebook their dates. However after reactivating my listing the cancelled bookings still showed up in my calendar, which means that the guests cannot rebook as the dates are blocked on my calendar.

No one is getting back to me from support to advise me what to do next. My guests are all scared and ask if they should book a different place. I can understand them, because how does this look? It looks like a scam.

I was on the phone for hours with different support people today and the problem could not be solved so far. Did this happen to anyone else and did anyone find a solution? I am lost and have no idea what to do!

33 Replies 33
Pura-Vida-Ecolodge0
Level 2
Tres Rios, Costa Rica

Since this fiasco started, the customer response has been slow, incomplete and vague, That said of the 17 cancelled bookings, 9 have so far rebooked (accepting the special offer I had sent). I am still unable to send four of the guests special offers as the dates still show as 'blocked/unavailable' in my calendar... and two of these bookings are in November, so naturally this is pretty urgent.

Starting with the most urgent. My calendar now shows theses dates as available (27th-30th Nov) BUT as you can see on screenshot, I am currently still unable to send a special offer to Fabian as previously instructed.

This particular guest has actually already sent a message saying that they have booked elsewhere (outside of Airbnb) given that the booking wasn't reinstated automatically within hours of the problem arising. Naturally, given this is far from our fault and completely out of our control, I would expect this guest's reservation to be automatically reinstated immediately please to ensure that we don't experience any further losses, or perhaps even more appropriate would be to reimburse us with the full booking amount.

In your last message, you said:

"...Again our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, and we will make sure to rebook all of your guests for the upcoming reservations..."

When and how exactly will this happen. As per message thread, we still have 4 guests that we haven't been able to send special offer to and of the other 13 guests that we were able to send special offer to, the following four are yet to respond/accept special offer and therefore need reinstating your end.

They are as follows:

Kimara  (21st-26th May 2021)
Evan  (12th - 18th June 2021)
Stefann  (Aug 10th - 15th 2021)

Also Phillip  (Dec 26th 2020 - 2nd Jan 2021) was also sent the special offer BUT in the meantime, a new guest (Oliver ) has taken advantage of the 'instant book button' and made a reservation for 27th Dec 2020 - 5th Jan 2021. This means Phillip is currently unable to rebook anyway (so should be offered alternative dates (?). Naturally we're not willing to lose Oliver's new booking without a guarantee that Phillip's booking will be automatically reinstated...

Please let us know the answers to each and everyone of these remaining issues as quickly as you can before we incur more complications, potential double bookings and more disappointed and frustrated  guests.

Thanks in advance for your speedy and complete response

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Pura-Vida-Ecolodge0,

Thanks for your message here. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. 

I'm not sure if you have seen my latest update (shared Nov 13th), see above. The product team issued a fix which would hopefully help remove the block that some hosts had on their calendars due to the glitch. I wanted to check if the remaining blocked dates are now open for you? 

I also mention about what happens if your guest doesn't rebook, so hopefully that will put your mind at rest a little. 

Do let me know if you are still experiencing these issues and I'll flag this back to the team working on this. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie  Thankyou it's a relief to hear that airbnb will make up the difference for lost bookings. I have two guests who booked elsewhere when they received the cancellation notice. Hopefully someone else books the dates but if they don't it's good to hear I won't be $3000 out of pocket. The ladt 3hrs have been extremely stressful and I'm just glad it's all over and things are back to normal. I keep checking my calendar though to make sure the bookings are still there

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for the update @Patricia2915. I'm really pleased to hear your calendar is open again and you can hopefully rebook some of your guests–such a relief. I am sorry for the extra stress you've been put under, hopefully this has reduce a little now. I know our Community Support team are working super hard to make sure this is all sorted for hosts impacted. 

Do keep in touch, I'll continue to follow this closely and provide any further updates where necessary. 

Thanks again for letting me know.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.