Los Angeles: nice house with a large back yard and nice pool needed for shooting an indie film in March

James3036
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles: nice house with a large back yard and nice pool needed for shooting an indie film in March

I am a Los Angeles based filmmaker. I am in need of a nice house with a large back yard and nice pool for shooting an indie film in March 2022.

The genre is murder mystery in the spirit of Agatha Christie. There is a party scene which would take 3 nights to shoot. The music as well as all party sounds would be added in post-production. There are a few nighttime pool scenes as well as a daytime pool scene. We would have a half dozen leads, around 25 background players acting as party guests (adults - not teenagers) and of course our film crew (approx. 15 crew members). 

There must be street parking available for cast and crew. Permit parking would be undesirable.

We're a small independent company and not associated with any studio. We have one U-Haul truck that we would park on the street or in the driveway if available.

Only a few guests would actually be spending the night. Everyone else (actors and crew) will be leaving after that day or night's filming is completed. We would need the location for four - five days/nights in March 2022 (next month).

We are older, respectful filmmakers and not young people. I am happy to answer any questions you have about our production.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@James3036  Do you realize that a host would ask for a hefty security deposit and a contract and to see that you have insurance coverage for this? Do you understand that even if "only a few" of the approximately 50 people this would involve, all of those people would be using the toilet, water, eating there, etc? 

And that a host would charge far more than their normal nightly rate for a commercial activity like this?  Does it sound reasonable that there would be street parking available for such a huge amount of vehicles without taking up all the neighbors' parking?