Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Mauritius, Covid and quarantine

Mauritius, Covid and quarantine

I'm writing from my hotel room in the North of the Island, being in Quarantine since 2 days for a total of 14 days. I had expected the worse, but actually it's great! After the flight (the plane was half full), I  find myself relaxing now, with a beautiful view on the sea, a balcony where I can sunbath, a desk and good internet to work, good food and services .. And the best is yet to come ... in 12 days I will be FREE TO MOVE AROUND on the Island! After 9 month of in-and-out quarantine in Italy and France, wearing the mask non stop, I'm happy to spend the next two month "in freedom". Plus, Mauritius has changed the visa regulation from 3 to 6 month for non residents .. 

I can recommend to anyone to spend the European winter-month here in the warmth of Mauritius during this Covid period! Rent a Villa for special low prices at the moment. You are welcome to contact me and I will give you the links.

The process before travelling is easy, I can give you more information about that too!

Dom&R
5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Gorgeous places, @Dominique1225.  I've saved them because you never know...:)

thanks Ann72!

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I do understand the need to escape life in the Europe at the moment, but we should all trying to minimise our travel, rather than encouraging more people to travel half-way across at the moment with the attendant risk of spreading the virus in the communities we travel through/visit @Dominique1225 

You are right, thanks. Just to let people know, that to travel to Mauritius, you have strong restrictions and part of it are the many tests travellers need to undertake, including PCR before starting their Journey. So at the end, you are surrounded by "healthy people" at the airport and in the plane... even safer than to go to the supermarket .. There were families with children and elderly people in the plane who had no wish to take any risks.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

As I said not the point please don’t encourage people to go through airports and other Covid hotspots with the attendant risk of spreading the virus @Dominique1225 

European and other major airports are NOT safe or Covid free.

You risk overwhelming health services in Mauritius if you bring Covid with you which you could easily pick up on route 😢😢😢