My Airbnb Journey.

Audrey932
Level 1
Midrand, South Africa

My Airbnb Journey.

2019, I decided to list my cottage on Airbnb.

Life was really hard for me. Raising my daughter as a single mother who is self Employed.

COVID came and changed things from bad to worse.

I woke up one morning, packed all my belongings and kept in my "use to be my private lounge"

I Listed my entire house.  I Stayed with my helper and my daughter in her staff quarter and I was sleeping on the floor on a single bed mattress.

The rest is a story you will get to read about when I finally publish my book.

I'm a Proud Super host and a Super host Ambassador, currently training at Airbnb Academy to be a facilitator. I have a WhatsApp group with my mentees, and yesterday 7 received their Superhost status.

I now live in a bedroom apartment in a very secured estate in Johannesburg South Africa,  and  I'm not owing any mortgage, this will be my daughter's starter.

My daughter is in a very good private school. 

If I were to be given a chance to choose staying at my 6 bedroom house or being a host, Without a shadow of doubt, I would choose Hosting!

# Grateful heart

# A Woman helped by God

# Airbnb success story.

4 Replies 4
Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

Congratulations! 

Karen
Rodney208
Level 2
Johannesburg South, South Africa

Well done.

Cheri354
Level 10
Helena-West Helena, AR

That's fantastic !! Good for you 🙂

Your hard work paid off !

Please go get your book written/published and

come back to let us know where to buy it 🙂

Best wishes~

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Audrey932 this is a positive outcome for you

A great read of how a person can give up things when the tough becomes tougher.

It was great to read about your rise in the Airbnb Community. But we know it isn't always easy but you have put in some hard work and risen above to achieve a win

Congratulations, I wish you many more achievements. Keep being positive and enjoying the world of Airbnb