My first guest provided a 5 star review experience however it is on private mode? Should I ask the guest the reasons why?

My first guest provided a 5 star review experience however it is on private mode? Should I ask the guest the reasons why?

I am a host and last weekend.  We provided an outstanding service per my guest review however when I looked at it it is on  a private mode?  What should I do?  I was wondering if it is a no no to contact the guest and ask the reasons for making it private?  All your advice and helpful tips are greatly appreciated.

Lake Laura At Bryce Resort Gateaway - Condominiums for Rent in Basye, Virginia, United States (airbn...

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Eddie307  Occasionally guests, and even hosts, get confused about what is the public review part and what is private.

I don't quite understand, though. You say it was your first guest, and I see one written review on your profile. It's quite brief, but positive. Are you saying she wrote more that seemed like a review, but came through as private?

Maybe she just wanted to give you a personal message in addition to the review? 

If it seemed like it was meant to be part of the review, then sure, ask.