My guest account got hacked and used-–I don't know where/how to report this to AirBnB

Answered!
Julia304
Level 2
Cincinnati, OH

My guest account got hacked and used-–I don't know where/how to report this to AirBnB

Someone got access to my account, changed my profile photo to one without a face, and attempted to make two reservations. In messages to the hosts, they used their real name; one of the hosts rightly questioned why their real name doesn't match the name on the account (my name). I saw the reservation emails in my personal inbox a  few hours later and promptly changed the password, but I still feel very uneasy about this and want to call AirBnB's IT or security office, but I can't find any content information. Can someone advise me on what to do?

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

All the ways of contacting Airbnb are listed on the CONTACT AIRBNB post at the top of the forum you are posting on @Julia304  You can't contact their IT people directly but you can contact Airbnb online, by phone or via their social media.

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

All the ways of contacting Airbnb are listed on the CONTACT AIRBNB post at the top of the forum you are posting on @Julia304  You can't contact their IT people directly but you can contact Airbnb online, by phone or via their social media.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Julia304, I am sorry to hear about this. I'm glad to hear that you were able to change your password. 

Were you able to contact Airbnb as recommended by Helen? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi @Quincy , Yes, I was able to contact and receive a reply from Airbnb through the Twitter messenger. Thank you!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the update @Julia304!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen