My refrigerator broke...

My refrigerator broke...

My refrigerator broke and it's only the 2nd day of 9 days of my guests' stay. There is no way I can get a new refrigerator delivered from Home Depot this weekend. Any suggestions for a temporary resolution?

5 Replies 5
Ted307
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Jimme2 

You have a very nice place! If you have to wait a while for the replacement refrigerator, could you give your guests a small dorm-size frig that you could just pick up right away? That is a huge nice frig in your photos! AirBnB might give them a refund of some of their payment if there is no frig, but if you make an effort to get them some kind of refrigeration, I think that would be OK.

Ted & Chris

Thanks for the suggestion!

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Jimme2  Mini-fridge if you can find one, and maybe bring over a couple of coolers and some ice.  You could also comp them a nice dinner at a local restaurant.  But, beyond that, I don't know what else, other than $$ refund, you can do if you can't get a replacement during their stay.

@Jimme2  I would give the guest some choices about how the issue gets resolved. If the big fridge was an absolute essential to them, they should have the option to advance their checkout date and accept a refund for the remainder so that they can relocate. But if the mini-fridge and cooler option is acceptable to them, that would be he better way to go.

I like @Mark116's idea of comping a meal - or alternatively, if the guests lost some of their own food to spoilage, a gift card for the best local supermarket. 

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Jimme2 Rental places can usually deliver a refrigerator or washing machine fairly quickly in an emergency but it could be costly H