My reservation

Nancy1415
Level 1
Pentwater, MI

My reservation

My husband and I booked reservations for an AIRBNB stay in Seville, Spain, and Malaga, Spain. We currently have reservations at an AIRBNB host for December 14, 2020 to January 15, 2021 in Seville, and January 15 to February, 14, 2021, in Malaga. These reservations were made in February, 2020, before COVID-19. As US citizens, we are not allowed to enter Spain as of today's date. According to your current cancellation guidelines, we will incur a substantial penalty to cancel these reservations. Your current policy then prohibits us from making alternate travel/stay arrangements with another AIRBNB host at another location that will not restrict us from entry to their location. Can you please resolve this so that we can travel somewhere using your AIRBNB website. We have been active customers of AIRBNB.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nancy1415 

THe COVID-19 extenuating circumstances could apply, as reservations are made before 15 March. However for a full refund check-in date must be within 45 days from now. No idea how long the policy will extend. Maybe contact Airbnb about this.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2701/extenuating-circumstances-policy-and-the-coronavirus-covid1...

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

This just a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb customer service. No one here can resolve this for you- you need to contact Airbnb customer service. @Nancy1415