Network Error For Messages

David6691
Level 2
Loveland, OH

Network Error For Messages

I've been receiving a network error on messages for months now. My inbox will always show that there is unread messages. The iOS app will never update or show my messages. I've contacted support several times with no help. I was told that it was because I did not have a strong WiFi connection. What kind of response is that? I am not an idiot, I understand how  wireless connections work.

I was then passed off to their technical team and this was their response. 

“It was a pleasure working with you on your case. I am so glad I was able to report this to my internal technical team. They have informed me that they are unable to make a phone call to all of our users that are experiencing this issue, and it is getting resolved.

I know this has not been the outcome you desire but I truly hope you are able to continue your journey on the platform. Since it’s all resolved, I’ll close your current case. If you would like further assistance regarding this case please give us a call! Thanks for allowing me to help!”

that response makes no sense. It seems this has been a problem for people since 2018. Get it fix AirBNB! Being able to communicate with hosts is critical. 

1 Reply 1
Genny24
Level 1
Kenosha, WI

Having the same problem... I actually had a much longer response but there was a network error (go figure) so I’m writing my response again.  I have the same issue, I always have unread messages, how can they measure me on response time if I always think the unread messages have actually already been read...