New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

New Hosts: How Do You Feel About Starting Your Hosting Adventure?

842784117294841216_A007C008_230907_A4PC_FINAL.jpg

We’re thrilled to have you on board as part of our vibrant Hosting community 🎉

Embarking on a Hosting journey is an exciting experience for new Hosts. As you prepare to welcome your first guests into your homes and create new experiences, a range of emotions and expectations emerge. 

How do you feel about opening your doors to guests for the first time, and what are you most excited to learn or improve upon during your Hosting journey? 🤩

We’re here to support you every step of the way with resources, guidance and a community of experienced Hosts. Tell us what kind of support you’re looking for and what goals you’re aiming to achieve as a new Host. 👇 

Looking forward to seeing your replies, 

Rebecca 🦋 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

83 Replies 83

Hi Jeanette

We wash ours everytime and keep extras on hand. 

Hi Rebecca, 

Thank you for the message! So far it's been a bit of a bumpy road but that's a long story. All is going much better now. I'm hopeful that this summer I will get the hang of everything and next summer will be much more successful. 

Best,

Jilayne 

Hi Jeanette,

I had the same question and then I thought I would appreciate fresh bedding all around. I bought a second back up bedding sets for each room. I have a small washer and dryer combo so doing laundry in-between guests can take time due to the weight of the quilts. I am going to see how it goes but I may get 3 sets for peace of mind. 

Good luck! 

Bridgett     

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jeanette387 👋

That's such a great question and I'm sure we have loads of Hosts that can support you. 

If you head to 'start a conversation', you can ask our very knowledgable community members for support.

Just follow this link. 

I hope this helps,
Rebecca 🌟

-----

Greg2406
Level 2
Rockport, TX

Rebecca, 

Thanks for your message.   Honestly, we had a very rough start.   The vetting process by ABB needs to be improved and it's a very easy modification for them to do.   In the meantime, I have learned to vet better and as a result, we have had zero damages to our property.   Some of the horror stories I could tell from pictures and videos, would make many think long and hard on hosting.   

For now, we are going to move forward, and keep doing the good job as our multiple 5-star ratings show.  

I don't have much time to get online, but will try to write articles to help other hosts.

Greg and Nettie

Nettie's Hideaway, Rockport Tx

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Greg2406 👋

Thank you for your reply, and I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough start with the vetting process however I'm glad to hear that despite the initial challenges, you have learned to vet better yourself. You can always share your feedback with Airbnb too. 

It's wonderful to hear that you are considering writing articles to help other hosts. Sharing your knowledge and experiences can be incredibly valuable to the hosting community. If you need any assistance or have any questions while working on your articles, feel free to reach out. 😊

-----

Virginia851
Level 2
Yorba Linda, CA

Hello community!  Thank you Rebecca.  “The OC View for You” here in Southern California has been up for exactly one month with assuring results.   5 stars from all five guests and comments are very complementary.   Love the reviews and that process seems to offer so much in the way of assurances and also seeing theirs’ is a big confidence booster for allowing them in.  My 5th (and current) guest has returned.  He was my first and here for business   He liked it so much he brought his wife for a 13 day stay!  My second guest wanted to come again but it was filled so she’s renting a room from me in my house which I may also post soon. Wasn’t planning on that but was good to help her out.  I do wish the site were easier to navigate. Seems it needs better organization as I often get lost in it.  I’ve been asking the support team to help me with a detail ever since I posted early April with no success.  I submitted a request, as required to do for this feature, to add the accessibility feature of lighted pathway and no steps entry   It has been pending “in review” ever since.  Frustrated that help desk keeps telling me it’s been sent to a higher up but no resolution still.  Otherwise this experience first month has been beyond my best expectations. Loving the quality and support of tenants and full through end of June with bookings through September already.  The quiet response periods are a bit unnerving as some have said here but I cannot complain with these results!  Just hoping it continues. Thank you for setting this up and sorry my reply is so long!  Hope it’s somehow encouraging and/or helpful. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Virginia851 👋

Thank you for sharing your experience with the community, and congratulations on the success of "The OC View for You" in Southern California! 

I understand that navigating the Airbnb site can sometimes be challenging, and I appreciate your feedback on the organisation and ease of use. I recommend sharing this feedback directly to Airbnb so that they can take it into consideration for future improvements.

Has everything been resolved with the feature you requested? 

-----

Hi Rebecca.  Thank you. No, not yet. Still “in review”. Customer service repeatedly says they’re sending it up the ranks now for well over a month.  Yes have tried telling Airbnb via any way I can.  Pretty frustrating. I think it’s important. Thankfully getting lots of guests meanwhile. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Virginia851 😊

I'll pop you a direct message - let me see what we can do to support you. 🤗

Also, I just wanted to let share that if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🦋 

Chat to you soon! 

-----

Tara965
Level 2
Shelton, WA

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for your message. So far it's been a rocky start. My first guest brought 3 additional kids, so that's 6 total. They left orbeez outside in the gravel and in my kitchen sink.

I've found the Air Bnb customer service not as helpful as I would of liked.

I'm hoping this isn't a trend. But I'd appreciate advice and what to do when a guest brings in more people/kids then on original reservation and what to do with orbeez. Were on a private septic system, so who knows the damage.

The setup process through Air Bnb was straight forward. I'm shocked by the host support.

Any advice would be spectacular. 

-Tara 

Lake Cushman/Hoodsport, WA 

Hi @Tara965 , 

Thanks for sharing your story. You bring up a good point about extra guests and the impact on the septic system. Will certainly keep that in mind and hope you have smooth sailing going forward! 

Good luck! 

Bridget

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tara965 👋

That's such a great question and I'm sure we have loads of Hosts that can support you. 

If you head to 'start a conversation', you can ask our very knowledgable community members for support.

Just follow this link. 

I hope this helps,
Rebecca 🌟

-----

Isabelle2383
Level 2
Welkenraedt, Belgium

Bonjour Rebecca. 
Jusqu’à présent tout se passe bien. Les voyageurs semblent  très contents du logement et des services Annexes. 
Ils sont très respectueux des lieux. 
Rien à dire. Parfait. 😀

Translation: Hello Rebecca.
So far everything is going well. Travellers seem very happy with the accommodation and related services.
They are very respectful of the place.
Nothing to say. Perfect. 😀

Merci pour le suivi et l’aide de airbnb. CollierMerci pour le gentil message de bienvenue! 

Translation: Thanks for the follow-up and help from airbnb. NecklaceThank you for the kind welcome message!