New here

Answered!
Elizabeth3289
Level 3
Pretoria, South Africa

New here

Hi all, Elizabeth from South Africa here! I listed my first property (my apartment at my house) yesterday evening. I never thought I'll do this! It all happened so quick as my tenant gave 2 weeks notice so I bought all furniture etc, painted, renovated by myself, sew some cushions...everything in 4 days' time!🍾Even bought art for the bedroom in Zanzibar when I was done !

1 Best Answer
Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Elizabeth3289  Very nice!  Best of luck with it.  You may want to consider removing the lap top from the desk pic unless you are including for guest use.  Otherwise you may get some negative feedback that it wasn't included.  

Karen

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Marisa182
Level 7
University Park, MD

@Elizabeth3289 

Congratulations on becoming a host with your first listing. It's a very exciting journey and I hope you have many wonderful guests, and have fun hosting. I started a few years ago and still get excited with every new guest. Take care and best wishes for your success!

Thanks, I had my first guest this week for 2 nights. He was amazing and respectful. Everything was left spotless and perfect. He didn't even use the white towels, but rather used the pool towel as bath towel. ☺️

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Elizabeth3289 I had a quick look at your listing. I suggest you do need to list all your rules rather than just saying that guests should read them when they arrive. If you don't then you will have no hope of invoking said rules.

Noted. Thanks

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Elizabeth3289  Very nice!  Best of luck with it.  You may want to consider removing the lap top from the desk pic unless you are including for guest use.  Otherwise you may get some negative feedback that it wasn't included.  

Karen

Thanks Karen, I'll definitely retake my photos 

@Elizabeth3289 , or you can simply add a sentence to your photo listing description stating, “the laptop is for display purposes only and not included.” I have done the very same to my photo listing description.

Best—

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Elizabeth3289,

Welcome to Airbnb and to the Community Center!

I am glad to see that our amazing Hosts have already given you some fantastic suggestions. Are you planning to implement any of them?

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad