New to hosting!

New to hosting!

Hi everyone! I'm Sarah and we're on the Cotswold Way hiking trail, near Cheltenham. Hosting has been entertaining if a bit exhausting with quick turnarounds sometimes! We get a lot of 1 or 2 night stays, walkers, festival goers and weddings. I'd welcome any advice re efficient turnaround systems! Good luck to everyone!

3 Replies 3
Kimberly1100
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Make sure you are giving yourself at least one day in between bookings for cleaning and recoup with check in time of 3 pm. I accidentally removed that somehow in the very beginning and it feltije I was nonstop scrambling. Also, I was getting inquiries from people that basically needed to come right then and if I didn't see the message within a half hour even they were no longer interested. It made me feel like like I was missing a ton of bookings and causing a lot of unnecessary stress! I get plenty of bookings giving myself time in between. 

You can choose the minimum day stay as well. Airbnb always recommends doing the 1-2 minimum but if it's overextending you try setting it to 3. I do that and again I get plenty and I am not in a high demand area. You have to play with it though and see how it works for you. I prefer longer stays. My space seems to work better for those as well. 

Consider hiring cleaners to come in if you're not already and using the automation service to schedule them. Again, you would need that lead day most likely. Make sure you adjust your prices accordingly. That's a trial and error thing too. I found my people seem to prefer to pay a cleaning fee rather than a slightly higher nightly rate. Go figure?

thank you,  very helpful!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sarah6111, welcome to our community! We are very glad to have you here.

In our community, there's a fantastic board titled 👉Ask About Your Listing, where both new and experienced Hosts come together to share tips on enhancing their listings through 👉Critique My Listing threads. Would you be interested in joining this initiative?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad