New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and as a lover of unique experiencesโ€”from exploring the streets of Rome๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น , Paris ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท, and Toronto ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ to appreciating timeless art and cuisineโ€”I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,920 Replies 2,920
Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Pam2254 

Hi Pam, welcome to the world of Airbnb short term renting. 

We all started out from somewhere much the same way you are.

I had a run down old building in the back yard the roof had fallen in on, the whole property was set for the wreckers ball having not been lived in for 15 years. But I loved the character of the old hand carved stone walls and the leadlight ornate glass windows and felt with a bit of love and care I could bring this old lady back to life again.

That was 14 years ago.

Once I had the house livable I turned my efforts to the roofless ruin in the back yard. Nine years ago, I put the cottage up on Airbnb and within 15 minutes of going live, I got my 1st booking.....that was when panic set in! What the hell do I do now, so I turned to the Community Centre for help, and help I got in bucket loads.

Here I am with over 800 guest stays, 702 Airbnb reviews and a Superhost for 8 consecutive years.

I have met dozens of beautiful people from all over the world and Airbnb have deposited almost quarter of million dollars into my bank account

There is nothing I would change about the last 9 years Pam, life has been really good to Ade and I and I have Airbnb and the Community Centre to thank for that......It's like putting an old head on young shoulders. If there is something you are not sure of, chances are you will find an answer here. Never be afraid to ask.....the worst we can say is, we can't help!

All the best Pam, I wish you every success with your cabin at Saint Joe.

Cheers.......Rob.

ะะฝะฝะฐ110
Level 2
Canet d'en Berenguer, Spain

Hello everyone!

I'm Anna, I used to live in Ukraine, now I moved to Spain because of the war.

I have been doing yoga for many years, I like to read, travel, study, communicate with family and friends.
Now I live near Valencia in the resort town of Canet Den Berenguer. 
2 months ago I started renting out an apartment in a resort town
I will be happy to receive your advice and accept your experience in receiving guests.

Hi @ะะฝะฝะฐ110  Welcome to this community!

Here you find plenty of tips about all subjects. Just scroll through the discussions or use the search function. If you can't find an answer, open a new post with your specific question.

Happy Hosting!

Tima822
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hello Everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm Tima, originally from Syria๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡พ & currently residing in London๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง since 2011. I love reading, playing tennis, and exploring new destinations ๐ŸŒ.

Professionally, I've been actively involved in property management, sales & letting negotiation, and interior design since the onset of the pandemic. My journey began with two different companies in London, both of which managed serviced apartments in prime locations. Since 2023, I've taken the initiative to manage properties independently, catering directly to my clients' needs. Currently, I oversee a beautiful three-bedroom townhouse with two patios in Knightsbridge, as well as another three-bedroom property in Eyot Gardens, Hammersmith. Additionally, I manage properties in Mayfair.

I'm so excited to connect with this great community and look forward to supporting one another in our respective journeys.

let me know whether u have any tips or new suggestions for newer Hosts? ๐Ÿ™‚

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Tima822, welcome to our community and thank you for sharing your presentation ๐Ÿ˜Š

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent tips and suggestions from our members, I suggest starting a ๐Ÿ‘‰new conversation here.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Donny34
Level 3
Minneapolis, MN

Donny from Minnesooooota, I have several units in the north of the state just near Giants Ridge and about 45 minutes from the Boundary Waters.  When not fixing things in apartments and houses I like to travel and am lucky to have lived around the world....a few times!  

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Donny34, it is absolutely great to have you here.

I would like to invite you to share some tips with our wonderful community by starting a ๐Ÿ‘‰New conversation here.

I am sure your expertise will greatly benefit many new Hosts ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello 
I am from mumbai origins from goa 

travelled to most parts of the world 

and love to dance  and also teach dance in my spare time... ..

we have a peaceful place in  west suburbs mumbai

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sunder9 and welcome to the Airbnb Community Center ๐Ÿ˜Š

In our community, there's a fantastic board titled ๐Ÿ‘‰Ask About Your Listing, where both new and experienced Hosts come together to share tips on enhancing their listings through ๐Ÿ‘‰Critique My Listing threads. Would you be interested in joining this initiative?

All the best,

-----

Joe3844
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi I'm Joe
I live in London with my partner Fiona and our two teenage boys.
Me and Fiona have been hosting her family home in Kent for a year or so. 
We love city and country life in equal measure and are lucky to be able to do both.

We were privileged to be able to take the boys around the world for a year, visiting 16 countries in 12 months and staying at many AirBnBs along the way. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Joe3844, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center and thank you for sharing your presentation ๐Ÿ˜Š

A great way to start exploring our community is by using the search bar at the top with some keywords. This will bring up some conversations and previous great advice from our Hosts (You can also click on the image below ๐Ÿ‘‡).

Paula_0-1708109107774.png

-----

Kathleen1055
Level 2
Chandler, OK

:I'm from the United States,๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ currently in Oklahoma.  Originally from Indiana outside Chicago. I have a special love for Canada๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ as I lived in British Columbia for about 1&1/2 years.

I'm very new to hosting. I love hospitality, helping others to feel comfortable. 

My binge watching would be  period dramas.

I love to travel and see the world๐ŸŒ

Especially via the oceans.๐Ÿ›ณ

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Kathleen1055 , welcome to our amazing community ๐Ÿ˜Š

I love BC! I am living right now in Port Moody and I absolutely love outdoor activities here, the mountains are incredible for hiking or biking.

As a new Host, you might have some questions or comments, so please feel free to start a โญ New conversation here โญ,  asking any questions you have. I am sure our lovely Hosts will be more than happy to share their opinions.

All the best,

-----

Just curious about other hosts in The Villages! We are from Michigan and I recently sold my business! Woop woop!

We have three homes here and would love to share ideas and interests with other hosts!

Thanks!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Randy725, welcome to our community,

To gain more visibility in our community and gather excellent advice from Hosts inThe Villages, I suggest starting a ๐Ÿ‘‰new conversation here.

-----