New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,168 Replies 2,168
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Fleur119 ๐Ÿ‘‹

A huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. Your spaces sounds lovely - I love that part of France!  If you need any help/support, feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Vanessa2376 ๐Ÿ‘‹

A huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. Congratulations on starting your hosting journey!  If you need any help/support, feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Graeme136
Level 1
Clichy, France

Hello to all.

My name is Graeme and I have been a host on Airbnb since January of this year.

I am originally from Leeds in the UK but now living and hosting on the edge of Paris, France.

I have two listings. Https://www.airbnb.fr/h/Graeme and Https://www.airbnb.fr/h/graeme2 ( I hope that I didn't break any rules by posting my links - no advertising intended).

I have been overwhelmed by the response and I am lucky enough to boast that I rarely have days when I don't have a guest staying.

If I do have the odd day free, I slash the price and in half on the day before just on the off chance that someone is looking for a last minute bargain.

I am learning all the time and constantly trying to improve (for example I recently had the idea of putting umbrellas in the rooms for guest use and am planning to buy a batch of bathrobes so that I can offer a clean one to each guest on arrival).

I reinvested a lot of my early earnings back into the property but I can honestly say that hosting has transformed my life.   I was struggling desperately for money but this month and next, my projected Airbnb earnings will outstrip those of my day job.

I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to meet and host such a diversity of people from around the world. 

On the whole the experience has been amazing with just a couple of issues that irritated me ( both involved personal hygiene).  It's amazing how difficult it can be to eliminate body odour smells!!!   I change the bed linen for every guest but somehow it tends to linger in the air and surroundings.

I have tried to implement a diplomatic way of dealing with this tricky issue by incorporating it into my house rules and in my automated welcome message.

In early May I had a catastrophe whereby the toilet broke resulting in a flood whenever you tried to flush.  A huge piece of ceramic fell from the back of the unit.  To flush I had to pour a bucket of water down the bowl!!!  Of course, with this being France, I had to "follow procedures" and it took nearly two weeks for the unit to be replaced. I took the proactive step of messaging all of my pending guests, informing them of the situation and inviting them to cancel if they so desired. If they elected to continue with the booking, I offered to reimburse 25% of my earnings. Amazingly, nobody cancelled and my reviews were not negatively impacted.

Happy ending, I now have a gleaming new toilet unit that is so much more aesthetically pleasing than the old one.

I feel so fortunate to have decided to enter the hosting community and hope to continue for years to come.

Nice to meet you all!!

Graeme.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Graeme136 ๐Ÿ‘‹

A huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. 

It sounds like you've got a good handle on what it takes to be a Host already and I'm so glad that your first hiccup was received well. We're so happy to have you here. 

If you need any help/support, feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Nidhi35
Level 1
Delta, Canada

Hi, I am Nidhi. I live in British Columbia, Canada. Hosting my suite in Tsawwassen.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nidhi35 ๐Ÿ‘‹

A huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. If you need any help/support, feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Javier2100
Level 2
Oviedo, Spain

Hi! Im Javi, from Asturias, in the north of Spain.

My AIRBNB is in Oviedo, a lovely historical city.

Feeling nervous!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Javier2100 ๐Ÿ‘‹

A huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us and congratulations on becoming a Host. 

I think it's totally normal to fee nervous about Hosting, but you're here and you've got a huge Community of Hosts to support you. ๐Ÿค—

If you need any help/support, feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Hi, My name is Anson, from Malaysia. I was just start to host a villa at Phuket, Thailand.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Chzan-Lin0 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Savanna135
Level 2
Columbus, IN

Hi my name is Savanna. Born & raised in Indiana, which is where my Airbnb is located. I have family that have airbnbs and after talking with them I decided to make mine one instead of a rental property. So far my property is booked for the next few months and Iโ€™m excited to see how it goes! 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Savanna135 , Welcome to the Community Center ๐ŸŒป It's so great to hear that you're all booked up for the next few months๐Ÿ˜ Wishing you all the best with the that one! 

It's interesting to hear that your family is into hosting on Airbnb! Have they shared any specific tips or secret formulas with you that convinced you to kickstart your journey as a Host? ๐Ÿ˜‰

-----

Nathalie2465
Level 2
Karlskrona, Sweden

Hello All,

My name is Nathalie. Iโ€™m from Sweden, Karlskrona and have been hosting a house for 5 years.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Nathalie2465 ๐Ÿ‘‹

A huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us after all this time. How have the past years been being a Host? We can't wait to see the valuable support you'll bring to the Community. 

Feel free to start a conversation and share your experiences!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Popping in here to introduce myself!  My name is Kelly ** and my husband Jon ** are new to the rental world and have been working hard to get our rental up and running!  We are from Wisconsin and recently became empty nesters.  We are always up for a good time and love to travel when the opportunity arises.  We are excited to be able to share our beautiful vacation home in Punta Gorda, Florida.    

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]