New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,718 Replies 2,718
Michael9180
Level 1
Howell, MI

Hello all!
I'm Michael, an ex-morning radio, Dir of Creative Technology at an events agency. My intro has a few moving parts. Hope it's thin enough to avoid being called a "trauma dump" LOL.
In the mid 1970's, my parents built a 3-story rental chalet that sleeps 20 at Crystal Mountain, a golf and ski resort in the North of Michigan's lower peninsula. We WERE on the 1st hole fairway/green, which had just been seeded back then. It's now the 9th hole of 36, and we're in the heart of a huge resort. It has been rented year round the majority of my younger life, but I still grew up golfing and skiing when it was open. We also had a family cottage on a lake where I did all the traditional water stuff.

I'm now 55, Mom has dementia, and my late-Parkinson's father just had a stroke. Taking over their affairs, I quickly realized that the only "retirement plans" they had were SSI and the chalet income... which won't cover their current care needs. They owned an ad agency when I was growing up, and evidently didn't set up any kind of retirement during those decades.

I live 3.5 hours South of the resort (as did they) and they already have a company managing it. They had it on the old "H - A" website (now VB), which does only ok. I've taken it over, put it here on Air BnB, and I'm hopeful I can return it to being mostly full and also rent their house out, so they can stay together in assisted living as long as possible. I know I'll need much better pics when I can get up there. Maybe I can trade a weekend with a good property photographer LOL.

I'm a techy with a marketing background, but new to the "property owner" game. ANY advise is welcome!
Cheers, Folks

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Michael9180 , thanks for sharing your inspiring journey with us ๐ŸŒป Sounds like you've taken on quite a bit and doing your best to support family. 

How has the transition from marketing to hosting been so far? Have you implemented your marketing skills and learnings to set up your listing on the platform? Do you have any tips for Hosts who're looking to effectively market their Airbnb listing? 

Regarding photography, I wanted to share this article in case it helps : ๐Ÿ‘‰Professional photography for listings ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

-----

Joseph2469
Level 1
Miami, FL

Hello everyone! I am Jonah!  I have been hosting on airbnb since 2012! Started with renting a room out in my small NYC apartment and slowly began hosting in entire apartments and now I am focused on expanding my management services to Miami, FL! Could anyone guide me on how I could have my services offered as a co-host in my area on Airbnb?

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Joseph2469 , Welcome to the Community ! It's amazing to hear that you're looking forward to expand your hosting services business.

The good news is, if you are looking to become an official Airbnb Co-host, you can do so by following this link: Become an experienced Co-host.

I am also sharing this guide that might help for your reference: How to find and become an experienced Co-Host on Airbnb? .

Keep us posted if you apply! All the best ๐ŸŒป

-----