New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,768 Replies 2,768
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Halil137 👋

How are you? 

-----

Vickie161
Level 2
Kellogg, IA

My name is Vickie.  I live in IOwa

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Vickie161 👋

Great to have you here on the Community Center. How are you? 

-----

Hello Everyone

My name is Vanessa and I am from the Bahamas.  I have just posted my first listing and still trying to learn my way around the platform.  Looking forward to collaborating with other new and experience hosts.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Vanessa2445 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. You've come to the right place as we're here to support you!

While you're exploring, take a moment to check out all the amazing resources available in the Community Center. It's a vibrant hub where you can connect with fellow hosts and get valuable support.

Here are a couple of my favourite boards that you might find helpful:

Ask about your listing -This is a fantastic board where you can ask other hosts to provide feedback on your listing. It's a great opportunity to get fresh perspectives and make improvements. 

Advice on your space - If you have any questions or need guidance specifically related to your space, this board is perfect for you. Whether it's about amenities, home decor, or even bedding choices, our community is here to assist you.

-----

We are Merline and John **. We live in Delray Beach, FL and recently listed an efficiency apartment that's attached to our home on airbnb. We have our first guests right now and have new guests coming the day current guests leave. Happy to be hear and appreciate the welcome. 

We lived in Haiti for years and ran a guesthouse for international guests for seven years. 

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @John8351 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. 

It's wonderful to hear you've got your first guests! How has it been so far? 😊

-----

Hello,

I’m from Germany, and as a military spouse, we move to new places all over the world every few years. I am passionate about nature and minimizing our environmental footprint. I appreciate simple living and love traveling. I’ve been part of the Airbnb community for over 10 years, but I’m new to the hosting side. I’m currently a co-host for a beautiful place on the northern Atlantic coast of Galicia. It’s a pleasure meeting you all.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anja1671 👋

Another military spouse here! It's wonderful to have you join us on the Community Center as a Host!

How are you finding being a Co-Host? 😊

-----

Hello I am from the mountains of Kentucky. There is nature and beauty all around. I have been an Airbnb host for 5 years now. Most people who come and stay love it here. From time to time I do have people to stay that doesn't like that there isn't the conveniences of living in a city. I am a substitute teacher and that makes hosting easier because I am able to do all my cleaning myself. I actually host two Airbnb s. I love spending time with my family and friends. My happy place is being on the lawn mower with 80's music blasting in my ears.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Amy3274 👋

It's great to hear that you've been hosting on Airbnb for 5 years in the beautiful mountains of Kentucky!  How wonderful that you're able to look after your Airbnbs around your job. 

What brings you to the Community Center? 

-----

@Rebecca I was looking for information on how to handle if as a host anyone had needed to cancel  a guest s reservation. Once I did the cancellation I was asking if I had handled it the correct way. 

Kenneth565
Level 1
Mumbai, India

Hi. My name is Kenneth ** but most of my friends call me Ken. Am from Mumbai. I think it almost 8 years since I’ve been hosting. My home is quite close to the airports, has easy access to the arterial highways. I live alone and host guests in, obviously, the guest room😁. I love to go biking (motorcycle), social dancing (jive, salsa etc), watch movie AND eat. So I know some of the best places to enjoy food and night life in Mumbai, without tearing a hole in your pocket. If you ever come to Mumbai… mi casa, sou casa.

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Kenneth565 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us. Mumbai sounds wonderful! What brings you to the Community? 

-----

Simon4782
Level 1
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi,

I am Simon from Scotland. I started hosting in May 2024. Much is going well.

I had poor experience of support on a technical matter (map legends) at the outset but I manged to get it solved. 

Now I want to understand how technical escalation is managed. There is a clear bug in the way airbnb is passing dates to Google Calendar using iCal. I see others have posted. 

How do we get attention to this soluble issue?