New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,004 Replies 3,004

Hello Everyone,

Islam, here I`m Egyptian, I live and work at Sharjah, UAE

I`m new at Airbnb today only I activated my furnished studio, and I hope it will be a good step for a better future and nice to meet you all. thanks  

Hi @Islam40,

Welcome to the Community Center! Do you have any questions related to hosting as a first time Host? 😉 
If you have any questions or or need advise from other hosts, so please feel free to start a 

New conversation here 

Warm regards,

Monika

Lashawn12
Level 1
Louisville, KY

Hello my name is Lashawn . I was born and raised in Chicago Illinois. I am currently live in Kentucky.. on my spare time I love traveling and meet new people… find was make extra income and volunteering … 

this my first time been a host also having a  westgate timeshare … I’m always open minded have people to help lead me in right direction 

Michael9255
Level 1
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Hello Elisa and the CC Team,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I’m excited to be part of the Community Center and to connect with others on their Airbnb journeys.

My name is Michael Atnafu, and I’m from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I joined Airbnb because of my passion for meeting new people from around the world and also as a small business.

I’m looking forward to learning from others, sharing my own experiences, and being part of this vibrant community.

Looking forward to engaging with everyone!

Best regards,
Michael A.

Percy48
Level 2
Centurion, South Africa

Good day, I am Percy that live in South Africa and travel to Europe and the UK each year since 2014 (except for the Covid period). My wife is French, and we have a house with direct beach access in Southbroom, KwaZulu- Natal hosted by Elize.

The past 10 years the house always attracted responses, but strangely this year, there seems to be no interest. It is as if the South African Air BnB market has disappeared.

We are hopeful that next year will return to the usual occupancy.