Winter Release Q&A session

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,489 Replies 3,489

Well so far I have not been disappointed by my guests🙂! Everyone that I’ve hosted has been absolutely great! I have learned that I need to make regular updates on my listing page and I ask and take suggestions  from my guests and so far I have implemented all suggestions received. 

Hi, my name is Emmanuel from Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.  My city is a lovely and quiet town with interesting views. It is a historic city with several monument. I believe being here will help with learnings from others here and get more insights on things to look out for around hosting guests. Happy to be here.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Emmanuel1566

Welcome to the community! 😊 

The New Brunswick region and your city, Saint John, are stunning. Do you have any favourite spots for walking or hiking in the area? It looks like it would be a great destination for anyone keen to take in the beauty of Nature. 🌟

-----

Sandra7152
Level 2
Narraweena, Australia

Hi I’m Sandi

Born and bred in Australia. I love travel and have been a guest in Airbnb’s at different locations home and abroad. While sitting on the studio balcony looking at the waves, I decided to launch our little beach side studio, on Sydney’s northern beaches for  holiday rental and here I am. I like travel, decorating, gardening, cooking and creating.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Sandra7152

Welcome, it's a pleasure to have you here with us! I wonder, has being a seasoned guest influenced how you want to operate as a Host? Are there any key things you took away from your own past stays, that you're implementing in your beach side studio? 😊

P.S.: I would love to see a photo of the gorgeous view that inspired you to start hosting! 💡

-----

Ana39150
Level 1
Indio, CA

Hello everyone!

my name is Ana, I was born and raised in Mexico but have been living in the United States for 38 years. I live in beautiful Southern California. I have been hosting for two years, mainly for people attending festivals in the area, especially the Coachella Fest! I am a retired Paralegal. Going to the beach is one of my passions! Along with reading, cooking and traveling. 
Happy hosting! 
With Love and Gratitude,

Ana 

Hi @Ana39150 😊

Welcome to the community!

We are happy to have you here from Southern California.

I know Coachella, it’s so famous! 😍

Do your guests come for any other festivals in particular as well?

Warm regards 🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Rizwan32
Level 2
Bhopal, India

Hey All! My Name is Rizwan. Based out of Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.  I am a full-time LuxuryTravel Consultant. I plan personalized trips for our clients who like to experience affordable luxury escapes both domestic and international.  I am very new to the Airbnb hosting business and trying to learn:

- How can I  become a local host in Bhopal? 

- How can I remotely host property in India?

- How can I collaborate with other hosts around India or Internationally where I can add beautiful luxury properties to their personalized itineraries? 

The clients I cater to are someone who doesn't want to waste time selecting the property and planning the whole thing, they require someone who can take care of everything from finalizing the itinerary to the cozy Airbnb properties. Hence I thought of asking the community.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Rizwan32 😊

Welcome to the community center!

Thank you for asking all those questions. I suggest that you ask them by starting a new conversation here.

In that way, all Hosts will see it and can try to help you!

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Jeff3007
Level 1
Auburn, WA

Greetings Yawl ( Southern ), I am from Charleston South Carolina, live in Washington state with my husband of 17 years and 3 fur babies. Pleasure to meet everyone and to network and maybe get some work, now that I am retried. 

JeffreyMothers Day 2022Mothers Day 2022Christmas 2023Christmas 2023First BathFirst BathGrowing up with Signature EarsGrowing up with Signature EarsProject # 1,265,487,956Project # 1,265,487,956436430007_10229061892444006_749651612538959292_n.jpg