New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula and @Rebecca   and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

2,873 Replies 2,873
Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi Derick, 
Managing 3 properties sounds like a lot to juggle! How are you finding it? I also love going to the cinemas, the nachos are the best!

-----

Helen3223
Level 2
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

Hi there,

I am a mix of different nationalities, but now live and work in the UK. I have been a host for over 15 years, from Vlieland in the Netherlands to Newcastle in the UK. As a guest, I have enjoyed AirBnBs in many countries in Asia, North America and Europe. Happy to connect! Helen.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Helen3223
I hope you're well. How long have you been in the UK for? How are you finding it here? I am also from the UK! 😃

-----

Helen3223
Level 2
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

two years, in Newcastle, and you? @Sophia 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Helen3223, I'm born and raised in the UK, but wouldn't mind moving somewhere with nicer weather! Currently raining here 🌧 I feel like the Summer this year was very short-lived! 😅

-----

Hello everyone:) I am AJ currently hosting in the Metro Detroit area. I, along with the help of my wife, host 1 property as of now. We have been hosts since March of this year, so we are still quite new to hosting. Very excited to learn from experienced hosts and meet others with similar goals. Happy to be here.

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey AJ! I hope you're well 😊 how is your hosting journey going?

Best wishes,
Sophia

-----

Amber860
Level 2
Lamar, CO

Hi everyone I am Amber and I am in Colorado.  I have 1 property here in Colorado.  I am new to hosting so eager to learn from others.  I love warm weather and traveling to the beach.  I love decorating and rehabbing old furniture.  

Hi @Amber860 I live in central Florida I am new to the community Center. But as I’m looking at adding a second Airbnb suite to my historic home I thought I’d like to seek others with a similar mind set. I’ve been a super host for 3 years and really enjoy all aspect of the Airbnb experience. 
I also love decorating and rehabbing old furniture: )

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Amber860, congratulations on becoming a Host! 😊 I also love warm weather, I'd love to move to a hot country! ☀️ I feel like your mood is instantly uplifted when the weather is warmer 😅. How long have you been revamping old furniture? I want to get into this but not sure where to start! 

-----

@David this is my first time hosting. I am a Native New Yorker. Recently purchased a property on the Beach in the Dominican Republic literally on the beach. I am a realtor in the US, Served in the USMC, NYC Retired Supervisor and loved to raise my children, grandchildren as well as my nephew now as an empty nester I look forward to traveling and enjoying the rest of the world. I love to sample everyones culture in New York I try to visit all the different cultures that have come to enjoy our liberties.

Thank you for allowing me to join your group,

P.S. I need all the help and advise from your experience. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @David11087 welcome to the Community Center!

It would be wonderful if you could share some pictures of the beach in the Dominican Republic where your property is located. I've heard the beaches there are stunning, and I hope to visit the Dominican Republic soon.

Please feel free to initiate a new conversation with all your questions at the following link so our knowledgeable Hosts can shared their advice: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/postpage/choose-node/true

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Dave1388
Level 2
Hudson, FL

Hi everyone!
Im Dave, Ive joined the co-host community last year and love it! I left my previous career after 17 years to get better balance in my life. Ive been in florida my entire life, I love talking with people,  love to travel, enjoy water activities, motorcycle touring, and learning how to slow down and relax some, after all the years of the 9 to 5 hustle. Currently co hosting 23 properties during "off hours" and looking to expand!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Dave1388 ! Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely introduction about yourself and it is so great to see such an experienced Co-Host as you in our Community Center. How did you come across the idea of starting your Co-Hosting journey on Airbnb?

Many of our new users seek guidance on how to start Co-Hosting on Airbnb? Do you have any handy tips for our members who look forward to become a Co-Host?

-----

Thank you Bhumika! 
I still feel like there is so much to learn about being a co-host! I have two long time friends in the str business that needed someone to help them in multiple ways and they thought i'd be a good match.  here we are just over a year later and I really enjoy it!

tips or advise?
Be your authentic self, and smile when you are messaging your guests! So much is lost in messaging, so do your best to make your personality come through!

Cheers!