New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,927 Replies 1,927
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Usama31 love how you're excited to start your adventure, wishing you the very best of luck! Do share your experiences with us 😊

-----

Sverre5
Level 2
Trondheim, Norway

Hi, my name is Sverre and I just joined the community. Now and then I rent out my own apartment which is located in a barrack in an old WW2 military camp in Trondheim, Norway. I work as a software developer and when I have guests I usually go skiing or hiking in the mountains, but I also like traveling abroad.  

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sverre5, thanks so much for sharing your presentation 😊

How has your experience with Airbnb been so far? Please feel free to start a 👉New conversation here to share ideas, tips, or ask questions to our experienced Hosts.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi

My name is Sasa and my guest Lodge is based in Letswatla, Bochum rural areas of limpopo province in South Africa and I'm happy to be part of these family. I would appreciate any advice as I'm new on the industry and previously disadvantaged

Regards

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Sasa58, I hope to visit South Africa one day 😎. Love your enthusiasm! 💖

If you’d like to learn about asking for a listing critique, check out this topic right here: 

How to ask for listing critique on the Community Center 😊

-----

Hello all you wonderful Airbnb'ers! My name is Martin, I'm from Ireland, currently living in the jungle in Panama with wife Patsy, have lived in and traveled to over 40 countries. Just started Co-hosting our friend's home in Panama City. When we complete renovations on our own casitas we will then become Hosts ourselves. Looking forward to our Airbnb journey along side all of you. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

A big warm welcome to you! 🎉 @Martin5447 

How is Panama? Are you missing Ireland? 🇮🇪
Your passion and energy is infectious! Wishing you the very best of luck 🍀Do share your experiences with us 😊

-----

Thank you for your warm welcome Sophia!

Panama is a paradise. It has so many naturally beautiful places for tourists to visit and experience the biodiversity of the wildlife, flora & fauna. From the quaint high-mountain coffee-growing region in Boquete, down to the tropical islands and beaches of the both the Caribbean and Pacific coastlines, Panama has it all.. not to mention the modern stylish skyline of Panama City,  the country just needs to be less corrupt and do a better job of selling itself as a destination to international tourists. Its neighbor Costa Rica does an excellent job of that with the same natural resources. And yes, I do miss my family and friends back home in Ireland. ☘️💚☘️

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey hey @Martin5447 wooow, Panama sounds like an absolute dream destination 😍
Costa Rica is on my travel bucket list but I now have to do a search on Panama...seems like it has soooo much to offer! More than expected 👀

When was the last time you visited your hometown? 😊

-----

It has been over 6 years since I have been to my home town Sophia! Waaay to long. I cannot wait to return to visit my friends and family.

hello, im Samantha  🤗

I’ve just joined the air bnb community. I am looking to become a co host in my area of  Barnet or London uk. 
I love travelling 🏖️ meeting new people and animals especially little cute fluffy ones  😊😊🐥🐰🐱

if  any of you lovely people have any advice or tips they could give me I would very much appreciate it  😎🙂

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Samantha1382, welcome to the CC! 🎉
I also love travelling and have a soft spot for fluffy creatures 🐱
I wanted to drop in and share the link this guide on how to find & become an experienced Co-host.

I hope this helps! 😊

-----

Hi Everyone,

I am Michelle and I am hosting 2 of our vacation homes in Pine Mountain Lake, Groveland, CA.  Our area is popular with guests visiting Yosemite, since it is the last town before Yosemite.  We are originally from the Bay Area, but we loved spending time at our vacation home so much that we decided to move to Groveland full-time.  We took over managing our properties from the local property management company and we are excited to be more involved in the management of our property.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Michelle-And-Doug0, Welcome to the CC! 🎉

Great to have you here 😊 Would love to hear how you're finding hosting compared to having a property management company involved, I hope you're enjoying hosting so far! 

If you would like to write about feel free to create a post here. I do hope you decide to share your journey with us! 

-----

Candice278
Level 1
Chevy Chase, MD

Hello, my name is Candice from Delaware.  I have reservations with the Hyatt Vacation Club that I was told I could rent out, but I am not at all clear how to do this.  Its a 6day/5night reservation at the Beachhouse in Key West.  Does anyone have experience with renting their reservations with the HPC portion of the HVC?