New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Elisa  and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

@Elisa : I was born in Italy 🇮🇹 and as a lover of unique experiences—from exploring the streets of Rome🇮🇹 , Paris 🇫🇷, and Toronto 🇨🇦 to appreciating timeless art and cuisine—I'm here to blend the old with the new. 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3,265 Replies 3,265
Gloria1056
Level 2
Colombes, France

Hello, 

I’m Gloria from Nigeria 🇳🇬, but I live in France 🇫🇷. I love to travelling, experiencing new things and meeting people. I also really love music! I recently opened my first Airbnb and I intend to have many other beautiful “affordable luxury” homes in the future.

I look forward to building new connections here.

Hello Gloria,

It's great to meet you! Your passion for traveling, experiencing new things, and meeting people is truly wonderful. Opening your first Airbnb is an exciting step towards sharing your love for hospitality and "affordable luxury" with others. Building connections is an important part of this journey, and I'm sure you'll have many memorable experiences both as a host and traveler. Best of luck with your future Airbnb endeavors! 🌍🏡

Roberto
Ryan3416
Level 2
Annapolis, MD

Hello, we are Ryan and Ashley Miller! We have two young children and are a family who loves to travel! Being active and outdoors has always been an important part of our life together. We love the water and never want to find ourselves too far from it. We look for joy in each day and want to be able to look back when we're older and know we lived a life full of happiness!

Hello Ryan and Ashley Miller!

It's wonderful to hear about your family's love for travel and the outdoors. Embracing each day with joy and a commitment to living a happy life is a fantastic approach. Travel and outdoor adventures can create lasting memories for your family, and being near the water adds an extra touch of serenity to the journey. Here's to many more happy and adventurous moments with your two young children!

Roberto
Roberto2387
Level 3
Molfetta, Italy

Hello @Bhumika, @Quincy, @Paula, @Breanna, and @Sophia!

It's wonderful to meet your team of Community Managers. Your diverse backgrounds and interests make for an exciting mix! I appreciate the warm welcome to the Community Center. Here's a bit about me:

I'm a digital nomad, originally from the US 🇺🇸, but I've spent the last few years traveling to various countries 🌍. I'm passionate about cultural exploration, photography, and writing. The beauty of Airbnb is that it connects people from all corners of the world, and I look forward to sharing experiences and insights with this vibrant community.

Excited to get to know everyone here and exchange stories and ideas! 😊🌏✈️

Roberto
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Roberto2387, It's wonderful to have you in our community, and we greatly appreciate all your contributions so far. We are looking forward to reading more from you.

We share a passion for travel🌏✈️. If you could pick just one, what would be your favourite city or country? It's not an easy question, but there are some places that stay with us forever.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Sorcha3
Level 3
Portland, OR

My husband Matt (L Me Sorcha (RMy husband Matt (L Me Sorcha (R

Hi! My name is Sorcha, I'm a host based in Portland Oregon Airbnb hosting has totally changed my life and my business and I am really excited about using that income to expand my horizons and options and connect with travelers and other hosts!! (my husband Matt is the beardy one).

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sorcha3, Welcome to our community! It's wonderful to hear how Airbnb has changed your life 😊.

Thank you for sharing this picture with us. I'm wondering where that place is. It looks like a town in Europe; it reminds me of Bruges in Belgium, but also of Annecy in France. Am I completely off the mark?

Looking forward to hearing more about your stories with travelers and Hosts 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Robert-Dave0
Level 2
Burträsk, Sweden

Hi I am Robert from Norway. I live in Sweden and bought a house here in 2017.

Currently living alone so my big villa became very empty so I looked into options on how rent out some space.

My sister has been on Airbnb a couple months before me so I got to know it from my sister that bragging about how Che make more money having vacations than be home.

So I registered my villa and had my first guest 2-4 November, which gave a 5 ️ ranking and so far no more bookings but I had one booking for total 13 days, unfortunately they cancelled the booking 3 days later.

But I rest assured that it’s not the last booking and in the summer time I am sure it will be to much bookings.

Here I sit on the beach just 4-5 kilometres from my Swedish house and honestly the beach is as if you where in Thailand.

Resized_IMG-20231029-WA0005.jpeg

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

@Robert-Dave0 

Amazing to have such a wonderful place relax so close to home. I bet it looks just as beautiful in winter!

-----

Kunle14
Level 2
Lagos, Nigeria

I'm Kunle, a facility manager, I host in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria. Been hosting  on Airbnb for over 2 year. 

Hi @Kunle14,

Chioma here. Just checking in with a fellow host. 

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Chioma19, how are you? I hope you're well 😊 How long have you been hosting for? How is it going?

-----

Sophia
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Kunle14, how are you? 😊 How has your hosting journey been so far?

-----

It's  been awesome!