Newly badged Super Host

W-M-4
Level 1
McMinnville, OR

Newly badged Super Host

Hi folks- so glad to be a part of the Super Host community.  With a capital partner, we purchased a house that had been flipped a few years ago and have fixed what they didn't and are adding features this year to improve it even more.  We took time in this newly acquired investment property to create a  comfortable, attractive and usable living environment. I used several resources to guide me in decorating and furnishing the house, plus my daughter and her husband have been Super Hosts for years, so she provided valuable guidance as well.  This stand alone bungalow is cute and practical and the reviews and bookings have reflected that.  I'm continually learning new things to add and change to make it better.  We're located in a great area between two major employers (Intel and Nike) and a popular amateur athletic sports complex.  We also get shorter stays for family visits or to scout the area for folks moving there in the future.  We've had two long term rentals as well, which helped us a lot.  We started in early February and have had a solid calendar months in advance.  I'm looking to get more properties in the area in the future and enjoy replicating our success as a host with those new properties.  This is a very good business, glad to be on board with you all.  Shout out to Ceci and Paul for their expert guidance early on, it has really helped and is appreciated very much.

2 Replies 2
Rose422
Level 8
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi there @W-M-4 , 

Congrats on your new status. You must be one of the few super hosts with only 2 reviews but it's great you got them as 5 stars. I would very much like to see a name on profile to address instead of an abbreviation and it is possible that guests may wish to do so as well. I always find that airbnb is about community building as much as it is about hosting and sometimes guests like knowing hosts as well. I see you have a short and sweet bio and even if it is not a close up picture, I would say have something to showcase your love for hosting (maybe a family picture from a distance etc). I always have a house manual available upon checking with my welcome message for greeting guests along with a picture and I find they appreciate it and leave great notes. 

Good luck on your journey and take care. 

Rose. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @W-M-4 👋

Congratulations and a huge welcome to the Community Center! It's great to have you here with us.

It's also great to hear that you're enjoying being part of the Superhost community and that your listing is doing well. It sounds like you've put a lot of effort into creating a comfortable and attractive living environment for your guests. I'm curious, what has been the most rewarding part of your hosting experience so far? 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines