Nightmare guest - I am Traumatized - Airbnb is like talking to a robot

Nightmare guest - I am Traumatized - Airbnb is like talking to a robot

I had my second guest.  He would get drunk and speak to me abusively. Even saying F... u.  He also was out front of my place acting like a drunken lunatic and bothering every single person that went by. I got text messages and phone calls about him from the neighborhood.

If this ever happens again I will call the cops and evict them.

1.  He had 5 months history and 4 positive reviews. There is no way he has not shown this behavior before.  Please everyone, stand up for our fellow hosts and be strong and post negative reviews.

2. I had at least 3 threads and 2 phone calls to the Safety line including him coming back and cruising the neighborhood, as reported by my neighbor and  a day later he knocked on my door with a rues to get me to open the door because he forgot something. I told him through the window to leave he continued walking around my house knocking on the walls and yelling.  I called the police. 

3.  Dealing with Airbnb was like talking to a wall.  I had given detailed messages and then they would close them. The 3rd one was about me calling the police

I am going to stop here. It is exhausting.

I tried to find my threads with the Safety Center to combine all three and start a new one with all the history.  Are they accessible?

1 Reply 1
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Joplin1 

I   am very sorry you had this  experience.   

In the   future  the  correct  response if   someone is under  the influence of something and behaving in a manner unsafe to you or themselves call for emergency assistance by police who are trained to  deal with this  situation.

This doesn't happen often  and maybe wasn't the previous Host's experiences.  We  don't know but it wasn't  safe to expose yourself if someone  was  having  a  mental   breakdowns  and needed help.