Obtaining liability release forms from customers before the Airbnb experience

Matthew1573
Level 1
Quinault, WA

Obtaining liability release forms from customers before the Airbnb experience

HI colleagues,

My insurance requires me to obtain signed liability and medical release forms for people to participate in my experience. 

How have you managed to get these to your customers before the date and time of their experience?

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Matthew1573

How are you doing? Have you found a way to resolve this or do you still need some advice?

@Deirdre122 as you offer experiences as well, is this something you've had to deal with before at all? If so do you have any tips for Matthew?

Thanks,

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Deirdre122
Host Advisory Board Member
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Thanks @Emilie 

We do a signed indemnity form on the day on physical paper. I have implemented an online indemnity form on my website (happy to send a link to view if it's allowed) where guests could fill it out and sign in advance and it comes to me on email (there's a trackpad to sign with a finger on mobile or mouse on desktop). However the owner of our establishment prefers a physically signed hard copy on the day so I don't use that function although it is available (and in my opinion easier for filing, backing up and retrieving as needed).

I have seen that there are service providers here in South Africa that provide an online indemnity form service, at a subscription fee if I'm not mistaken - I haven't used them - so perhaps something similar is available in your country @Matthew1573 if you're not able to build a form into your own website?

Matthew1573
Level 1
Quinault, WA

Thanks Diedre,

I'm not aware of indemnity forms here, but, I have been able to email documents recently.

When the person books a reservation, they automatically receive a response, in which they are directed to email me and once they do, I can send the requisite forms.

I have them fill out a mdeical history with emergency contacts, an explanation about the hike which they sign showing they know what they are getting into and what gear to bring, and, the indemnity form.

If they don't email me then I can't send the forms and I am risking getting a customer who can't actually do the hike or is doing so with a medical condition unknown to me.

It would be preferable to automate this step to make sure customers are providing this information for everyone's safety and to mitigate liability.