Our “FAKE” 25% Payout for cancellations

Bobbi27
Level 2
Redding, CA

Our “FAKE” 25% Payout for cancellations

Only 3% of Superhosts are getting the 25% payout.

ONLY the Superhosts that have been on Airbnb the LONGEST are eligible. That means, all that money goes to the Super RICH. Becoming SuperHost is HARD, and honestly, to date, has not been a proven value, yet Ive put my LIFE SAVINGS into renting out my home while I myself am homeless. 

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Bobbi27  Everything you wrote is false, aside from your own personal circumstances.

I suggest you reread the information on these payouts and grants. You are confusing 2 different programs. The 25% of what the host would have received if their cancellation policy had been upheld will supposedly be sent to all eligible hosts. Has nothing to do with whether you are a Superhost or not.

The Superhost grant is a sepàrate thing and hosts who Airbnb deems eligible for the grants will be notified.

And where did you get the notion that hosts who have been Superhosts the longest are rich? That's absurd. There are plenty of hosts who've been on the platform for many years, maintained Superhost for most of that time and just list a private room or two in their home. They are far from rich, many are just barely surviving, and all these cancellations may mean that some of them will not be able to pay their mortgage and may lose the only home they have. 

I've had Superhost status for over 2 years. I haven't found it hard to maintain, and don't really even care about it. I have 1 listing- a private room/bath in my home for which I charge the grand sum of $28/night, and my viable hosting season is only about 5-6 months. You know how much income I make on Airbnb per year? About $3000. If you consider that to mean I am rich, I don't know what planet you're from.