Over cap guest added. No return correspondence

Over cap guest added. No return correspondence

My confirmed guest added another person and dog in correspondence and is not cancelling or responding to my email. AIRBNB  is has not responded to 2 Urgent and Very Urgent cries for help. Guest due shortly. Can I cancel?

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Aurora204   Your private room listing with does state one guest.  Do you allow additional guest for a fee?  You allow pets so is there  a fee for that?  You do not state no other guests allowed in your rules.  What do you want Air BNB to do?  Have you called the guest when you did not get a message response?  If the situation is not acceptable, you should cancel.  

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Aurora204  If you aren't getting responses to messages to guests, always a good idea to try phoning or texting them. Hosts tend to think guests simply are ignoring the messages, and that may be true, but sometimes they just don't have their notifications turned on, or there is an Airbnb glitch and the messages aren't being received, or the guest is in transit with no access to Wifi.

@Aurora204  Guests can't add extra people to the booking without your approval. So your options would be:

a)  Use the Change Booking option to update the guest count, and add any fees (extra person and/or pet) that are already disclosed in your listing. Only grant access to your property after they have accepted the Change request

b) Inform the guest that you can not accommodate their requested additions and ask whether they still want to stay solo or cancel their booking.

I'm not really sure what you think Airbnb is supposed to do for you here - it's your home, and entirely your decision who you let into it. 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Aurora204 

Know the rules

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1515/what-should-i-do-if-my-guest-brings-extra-people

If you’re unable to accommodate the larger number of guests, let your guest know that your place isn’t the right fit for their group size, and ask them to cancel their reservation