Payment -> How can we split the bill?

Payment -> How can we split the bill?

Can we split the bill for the apartamnets between 3 guests? Thank you in advance! Regards, Andrey

18 Replies 18
Tracy0
Level 10
London, GB

Sadly, no.  The three guests will have to deal with that themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact AirBNB
Yannick15
Level 1
Neuburg an der Donau, Germany

Hello Community,

although I read that it is not possible to split the bill, I would like to have an answer if the following is possible:

I book a flat for 6 people and cover the charges. Would Airbnb be able to provide a bill showing 6 positions (one for each guest) afterward?

Thanks,

Yannick

I second this..any chance of expending amounts back to parties makes business travel more appealing 

If you go into your Itinerary, it shows the amount per person for the reservation.

Billing.jpg

Unfortunateley when expensing the cost through our organisation, we need to show the printable receipt, not the itinerary. It would have really been nice if AirBnB could include that cost per person value in the actual receipt.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Andrey3

Surely its as simple as getting the bill and dividing it three or four or five as the case may be, I don't want to sound obtuse but i don't see what the problem is in doing that.

For informal visits what you propose is fine. But this becomes more complicated for business or academic travel where each person needs to expense the cost through their own department/fund. For this, we each need our own receipt with the amount that we paid individually. Without the separate receipts, this becomes an administrative nightmare when splitting the cost with people from different departments. (Or even the same department but funded through different funds.)

You see a problem when for expmple you ask for reimburment from an orgnisation. Which need your name you amount payed to get reimbursed.. Which I think is not very trivial in this case 

Alina49
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

Has there been any answer to this question? 

Not yet. Though AirB&B just bought a payment company. The press release suggested it might be in part to help make this sort of payment easier. Article as of 9/23/2017

Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia
Carmen344
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

Our party has one couple and two single women who will share an entire home The couple will have one bedroom and each woman will have their own bedroom. Should the bill be split 4 ways or 3 ways since the couple will only use one bedroom?  There seems to be a difference of opinion. 

Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia

@Carmen344

4 ways.  Each guest gets the waking hours of equal amenities and it is their choice of sleeping arrangements.  And this came the other day which will help with group payments;

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2034/what-s-group-payment

Lisa

Josefina23
Level 1
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Hi,

Im trying to split the payment but i don't see the option. 

When I arrive to the confirm&pay screen i only have the option to pay with my credit card .How can I activate it? Does the owner of the apt has to do something to aprove this method?