People texting or calling me directly to book.

People texting or calling me directly to book.

Any idea how they are grimy number before they book? We only book through Airbnb. This just started. We have been with Airbnb almost 3 years. 

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kerri164  Have you asked any of these people calling or texting you how they got your number? That would seem to me to be the most logical first approach. 

Maybe a previous guest is giving your number out? In any case, I'd change my Airbnb account password in case someone has hacked into your account.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I just want to throw this out there:   I was having trouble contacting a guest who had a request to book. I had some basic questions. I called Airbnb CS and asked if they could help by reaching out to the guest for me. The CS rep asked if he should give my number to the guest to have him call me. I was a bit shocked, actually, and my tone obviously registered with the CS rep, because he quickly backed away from that idea. I said that what I wanted was for the guest to go into the app and respond in there to my messages.

I'm not suggesting CS is handing out your phone number, but it was a troubling development to me. 

It would be good to find out how they are getting your number.