Please Create a New Discussion Room

Answered!
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Please Create a New Discussion Room

@Lizzie @Stephanie @Quincy  Please consider a new temporary discussion room for issues around the COVID-19 pandemic.  There are so many posts about this, many unanswered, and I think it would help everyone weighing in for the first time to find others they can talk to.

1 Best Answer
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

excellent idea @Ann72 @Sandra126 @Mark116 @John1574 @Linda108 @Lizzie 

Maybe join them all together in one place so those who may be knew to the CC can find them in one place.

The reality is, we are all in this together.

Thinking of you all & hoping for the best

Central To All Home & Location

Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand

19 Replies 19
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

P.S - I've moved your topic now. Thanks. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie 

You have a mishmash of threads covering everything from the extraneous policy at 100% guarantee refund to all kinds of extraneous matters.

I'm sorry to be negative, but what you created does not help anyone who is searching for coronavirus information.

it's just a confusing mismatch of threads.

-

John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

-

@Ann72 @Helen427 @Sandra126 @Mark116 @Lizzie 

Coronavirus: Risk & Reality + Misinformation

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Coronavirus-Risk-amp-Reality-Misinformation/m-p/1262689#M27...

From 7 AM this morning till 12 PM this afternoon, three hours later, coronavirus infections rose from 8000+ to 10,000+

More and more serious actions are being taken every hour by governments both state and federal across the country.

Staying out of crowds, social distancing and trying to slow the spread of the virus is the only course of action that will help everyone.

Economic recovery is impossible until the coronavirus is somewhat contained and the spread has been slowed.

Some victims, even young people, are showing significant loss of lung function upon recovery.

Disinformation and misunderstanding are now costing us dearly as a country and a people.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lizzie  Thank you. It's nice not to have to plow through pages of posts all yelling about the 100% refunds and saying virtually the same thing over and over thousands of times. 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Thanks @Lizzie  & @Ann72  & @Helen427 .

I So Agree @Sarah977 

We are all suffering and making personal decisions for various reasons to change, delay or alter how we and our lives and loved ones will get through this time. AND I mean physically, emotionally, psychologically, not just financially.

It was getting to the point that every time I personally opened up the forum, I’d take one look at the Covid19 shout and fear festival and close the App. I don’t need so much extra negativity in my life. 

I’m also not against others having different opinions to me. I welcome it.  It’s healthy and assists to avoid misinformation.

Honestly, if I want Covid19 factual information, I’ll go straight to WHO and health or government authorities. There are enough reasons to be seriously concerned, without the hype and hysteria. But retrospective actions generally won’t happen in business models, and Airbnb needs to try and be on the front foot for everyone, all the time.......

Positivity and camaraderie will assist Airbnb CC to survive, along with Airbnb having a flexible business plan.... which will need to change as things change. None of this is set in stone at this current time.

We all need to take a step back and breathe. .... at a distance from one another.... for at least six to twelve months! We ARE all in this together!