Please help me identify if this listing looks real?

Can1371
Level 2
İzmir, Turkey

Please help me identify if this listing looks real?

Hi all, what do you think about this listing? https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/586769377165891425?source_impression_id=p3_1647971849_FBwelRAFqub3M%2B8...

The place has just one single review and that review has been written by a guy who also lives in Paris and has a listing in Paris.

The host has 100 reviews, all positive but dating back to around 2017 mostly and I suppose not for the same apartment.

All the dates seem to be closed down but when we contacted the host through Airbnb he agreed to open up a spot for our dates. He wanted some personal information regarding purpose of visit etc. Then agreed to allow us to book. The place costs 1000 EUR for 6 nights in April. Does this price sound too good to be true for such a large and modern apartment in Paris city centre?

4 Replies 4
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If all the dates were closed down, how did you find it and why would you reach out to the host, @Can1371? That's not really how Airbnb works. 

The listing showed up eventhough all the dates for the upcoming months were closed down and we clicked on contact host. Then we had a brief chat and he opened the dates for us. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Can1371 You will know what the going price is in Paris. This does seem to good to be true.

Yeah but the guy has 100 reviews. Is that even possible with fake listings?