Poor customer service

Kathern0
Level 2
Prescott, AZ

Poor customer service

To whom it may concern:

If it concerns anyone at all, I have had on several occasions, lately, Not had a response from Airbnb when I encountered an issue.

Recently, I had a request for a booking, which I had to deny. I received an email from Airbnb that this denial would affect my status as a super host and that you would let the guest know that my home is unavailable. Then, I received an email that I did not reply to the request within 24 hours, which I did.

I have been a host in good standing for several years and wish to maintain my super host status with optimum booking opportunities. Please correct this issue.

Thank you,

Kathern L. Mitchell

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kathern0 

Those emails are sent by the Airbnb "Artificial Intelligence" software. Such messages in general better to be ignored. Keep up the good work and don't trust overzealous computer systems.

Best regards,

Emiel

Kathern0
Level 2
Prescott, AZ

My other concern with your customer service was a couple of weeks ago when I was having difficulty with changing my prices for 2021. I called and after waiting on hold, I was told that someone would call me back within five days. No one ever called.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kathern0  I don't think you realize, that this is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests- it isn't Airbnb customer service and anyone responding to you here is just another host (sometimes the forum moderators respond, but they don't actually work for Airbnb either- their job is really just to take care of how the forum is working, but they will sometimes pass concerns on to Airbnb itself).  No one here has any access to your account or do anything but try to offer advice or commiserate.

@Kathern0 Is it possible that you forgot to click the "Decline" button in response to the request within the required 24-hour period?  When you get a binding Reservation Request (rather than a Booking Inquiry) it is not enough just to write a response - you're required to click either the Accept or Decline button. Upon doing so, you'll immediately get an email confirming your action, and the status in your Reservations log will change from "Pending" to either "Confirmed" or "Declined."

If this action doesn't go through within the 24-hour window, Airbnb automatically messages the guest that the property is not available, and your Response rate goes down, regardless of whether you wrote them a message. Declining a guest does not affect your superhost status, as long as you hit that button and make sure the process is complete.