Property damage

Property damage

My guest has informed me that his children have broken my tv, is he liable for a replacement?

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes you can make a claim initially with the guest and if they refuse to pay you can ask Airbnb to intervene @Wendy1132 

@Wendy1132  For more info on how to request payment for damage: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/264/what-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

If you and your guest are able to resolve the issue without going through the Resolutions process, I recommend writing a message in-platform acknowledging what occurred, just in case something comes up later and you need a paper trail. 

@Anonymous thank you! this is very helpful to have

Svetlana191
Level 2
Mandurah, Australia

Just and FYI and not to expect much or anything from Airbnb.

Guests children's just destroyed our TV. They admitted to it by sms. The cost of a replacement TV equivalent is less than the cost i originally paid for the one they destroyed. After a few very amicable back and forth messages and even a very good phone call the guest went completely silent.

In the mean time all documentation and evidence was uploaded to the resolution centre should the guest not follow through with the replacement TV, which they didnt.

After waiting for 3 days for Airbnb to review the case and in addition to the 72 hours the guest had to confirm in their great and superior wisdom i have been offered 65% of what the replacement TV cost.

Despite having a bond on our place that just covered the cost of the replacement TV Airbnb cannot they say use it because the guest has not confirmed. Haha what an absolute joke, what is the point of a bond if a guest just has to refuse to acknowledge what they have done.

Our response to this pathetic handling (there has been no intervening by Airbnb with the guest in any way at all) of this case is that after more than 3 years, with 5 star status at all times, we will be delisting and saying goodbye to Airbnb.

Hosts are penalised for guests damage wile the guest gets away with it absolutely free. this is the second time in our Airbnb experience this has happened. We are not going to continue to subsidise guests for destroying our belongings and continue to worry about what guests may do knowing that nothing can be done to replace anything they damage without extra cost.

Daylight robbery.

I'm suing airbnb for trying about the aircover.. I've been waiting a month for them to reimburse me for my damaged property