Refund confusing help

Kellie104
Level 4
Leslie, MI

Refund confusing help

Hello All.

First refund as a host and it seems confusing to me.  My policy is the Flexible so full refund up to 24 or 48 hours before check-in.

1. Why are there so many different amounts?  See both pics

2. Where does $398 come from in the second photo?  The first photo which is the email I received from  Abnb indicates the refund of 221.76.  His booking was 99.00.  Price now is 199.00.  Is Abnb going by the price now?

3.  How do I know for sure what client received so they weren't cheated?

Thank you very much for responding.  Kellie

Screenshot_20210626-220143_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20210627-000901_Airbnb.jpg

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kellie104  Looks like some glitchy math to me. What it shows as the guest refund in the second screenshot is double what the guest should have been refunded for 2 nights. You  need to get in touch with Customer Service.

But I wouldn't concern myself with whether the guest was refunded the correct amount unless it results in Airbnb charging you for an overpayment. I can assure you that if guest doesn't get refunded what they are owed, they will be loudly complaining to Airbnb. 

@Sarah977 Thank you.  I hear you about not getting refunded.  First for me but I believe you.  Thanks.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Kellie104 “  How do I know for sure what client received so they weren't cheated?”

Whatever is going on there, I wouldn’t concern myself with it at all, unless you’re affected negatively in the equation. As hosts don’t receive the payout until after check in, Airbnb has the guest’s payment, not you. They’ve held those dates hostage and taken your time with the booking, and now are cancelling, so why spend anymore of your valuable time? They can take it up with Airbnb if something isn’t right.