Resolution center enquiry

Jay1463
Level 2
Wollogorang, Australia

Resolution center enquiry

Hi all, we had a bad experience with a stay (house was filthy, mouldy walls, hair in beds, stank of smoke, things broken).

We left first thing the next morning because my child’s asthma was playing up because of the smoke smell. Host refused to refund me so I logged it with the resolution centre and that was a month ago. I  haven’t heard anything at all, is that normal? Thanks 

15 Replies 15
Christina1132
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you did not get any help and in fact I do think this is "normal" approach by Airbnb. I myself had a very bad experience as a host, a guest urinated in the bed and refused to compensate for the damaged mattress and mattress cover. It caused  stress for me since I did have a new guest arriving and needless to say, I had to replace the mattress with a new one. I have not had  any help  from Airbnb Resolution center, despite my request the reply  I received is that " the mattress can be used for new guests" and "a destroyed mattress is not eligible for security deposit. It is frustrating and disappointing.

Christina