Response Rate Falling

Azeem8
Level 2
Islamabad, Pakistan

Response Rate Falling

Hello All,

it’s very frustrating to see that daily my response rate is falling & there is not a single enquiry or booking request to which i have not responded, Airbnb is not replying nor giving any solution. I asked them to show me 1 enquiry to which i haven’t responded. They say you’re right we are checking but then no response. My response is now below 90 which means i’ll lose my super host status & it’s frustrating to see. 

7 Replies 7
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Azeem8 

See here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Response-Rate-keeps-decreasing/td-p/1378466

This must be a known glitch happening to multiple hosts.

Azeem8
Level 2
Islamabad, Pakistan

@Emilia42 Thanks for responding me. Lets hope it’s just a glitch which will be solved before next super-host assessment. 

I have the same issue even worse!!!!

i respond right away and in one listing since last week drop from 100 to 88% and other my 2 days old listing has only 17%!!!!!!

contacted airbnb they recognized the glitch ... but NOT FIXING YET!

i have issues with the rating and views as well!!

Reniel-Justin0
Level 2
Las Pinas, Philippines

I have the same issue as well. Recently started an Airbnb business and aiming for the Superhost status this coming January. However, I noticed that my response rate dropped below 90% already. I answered all my inquiries within 12 hours and never missed one. However, when I check my listing page, my response rate is 100% which is inconsistent with what my dashboard is saying. 

I just called Airbnb on this, you're finding out the hard way like I am. Its not simply your response, it also calculates if you decline inquiries and/or cancel reservation requests. In my situation I responded 100% within minutes, however I declined multiple inquiries for people who wanted to stay longer than my limit. Ive been told 2 ways to combat this I need to change my setting from "Manually review and approve requests"  to "dont allow reservation requests". I have also read to not decline it, but ask them to recall the inquiry/reservation

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dustin142@Azeem8,

Lovely to meet you. Thanks for highlighting this is happening to your response rate. 

I've just shared an update in the discussion, @Emilia42 has shared above, take a look here. To summarise, the team is working on a fix for this and we are hoping it will be resolved soon. I'll continue to provide you with any updates I get. 

Sorry you are experiencing this. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

(Reniel-Justin0 and Mark-and-Gabriel0 - as I mentioned you in the other thread, I'm saving you another notification here) 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello @Lizzie in case you are absent on leave I copy here the other CC support members that you mentioned

@Stephanie@Quincy@Liv and @Nick

and I ask if there is any final outcome on this problem and what is it. I searched and found more than a dozen of topics related to the same issue, which comes to show:

a) how real and long going it is and

b) how poor - with respect - is the Airbnb CC organisation system as there are so many dispersed topics of the same nature all over the CC and are not combined.

Regardless, I still await to receive an explanation on this since I first reported it to the HELP section in October 2020. Since then 9 different support HELP staff have taken on the conversation with only two of them being able to finally accept that there is a problem at the Airbnb side and another one (Anna)informing me in April this year (!) that my response  rate has been corrected only to not had been the case. Since then I have had a CC online manager called Serhii who contacted me on May 14 - after my posting at the CC under the topic of @Maxine33 ''Response Rate is Inaccurate'' and after a discussion, he asked me to send him the most recent email chain so that he can attempt to help me. I did that today, but since the email addresses are automatically computer generated, I fear that he will not have received this message. This also happened in the past, as replies to such email address after a few days do not get answered and there is not an explanation for that. Not to mention that when there is a reply, it has not a ttile and it does not show the original request question, so if one has asked for help on various issues, one  does not know the specific original question.

It appears to me that the whole CC or/and Help system needs revamping to meet expectations and I wonder how the 100+ enghacements launced recently did not include this!

Anyhow, let me not be more critical. I ld appreciate if any of you can assist me by receiving my correspondance on this issue and after studying it, to reply to me.

ps: btw, as @Emilia42 feared it maye happen, I did lose my super host status due to this, in October 2020, for the first time after being a Super Host for 4 years in a row, a year after joining in 2016, as the response rate while it ought be 100% droped to 88%. Since then it has been impossible for me to complete the min ten stays per year requirement, due to the very poor business, due to Covid19,  regardless of the response rate.

#hosting #responserate # hostadvisoryboard # superhost

Thanks and regards