Review not showing up?

Anthea26
Level 2
Yankalilla, Australia

Review not showing up?

I’ve just had my first weird review. They seemed ok, zero reviews but you have to start somewhere and no issues although he only told me last night he arrived with a dog ( I wasn’t there to check him in despite living right next door to the cottage). They communicated well and although tidy, left a lot of dishes to do but that’s no biggy. I only review If they review me first. I got a notification he reviewed me so I left a review for him. His was only “ and it’s not showing up in my progress of reviews left by guests. So weird. Its been nearly a week and it shows its been counted in my numbers (151 reviews) but when I go to read it in my progress area on my dashboard, it says 150 and its not there?? Also where I could see 5 stars on the communications between each other when he was my guest, the " and the 5 stars are now gone?? But my review of him (which is 5 stars and decent) is still there. Any help? Could he have removed his review? But then should I of him? So weird.

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Anthea26 why oh why do you 'only review if they review me first'? The whole point of reviews from the host's point of view is to allow future hosts to know what type of guests to expect and allow them to turn down bookings if the guest is problematic.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Anthea26 

Hi fellow local host! Anthea, it is a glitch in the system at the moment. I have just experienced exactly the same thing. I was prompted to write a review for a specific guest, as I received an email telling me they had already reviewed me. I complied and wrote my review, which the platform accepted but I could not read their review of me......it was as though the guest had not reviewed me.  This went on for about 10 days (although now I think about it, it remained hidden until the end of the review window) before their review eventually showed up in my reviews. It was complimentary so there were no review content guideline issues.

All I could put it down to is.....a glitch in the system.

My feeling is Anthea, all will be revealed in the fullness of time!

Stay safe possum!

Cheers........Rob

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I got a message yesterday to read the review a guest left. (I'd done theirs a few days previously.) I read the review of me, on my profile, review page & everywhere it appears, then looked to see if my review of them was on their profile. - It wasn't! But places they stayed after me were! - Then I checked half an hour later, & my review of them had appeared on their profile.... So , Yes, - Glitches at the mo!

Well to date it still hasnt appeared... so weird 😞